Street View Comments gathers comments attached to certain views of a Google Street View display along a street or avenue. It is easily configured for various points or intersections along a street and is embedded into a post or page via a shortcode. Viewers choose an intersection and zoom to a view then leave a comment. Comments can be moderated and managed within WordPress.
See a demo of the plugin here. By default, when you activate the plugin, the same data from this demo will load as intersections. Place [street-view-comments] in a post or page to see the demo.
Street View Comments uses Fitzgerald.
- Upload Street View Comments to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure intersections by going to wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=svc_intersection
- Create a background image showing overhead map of intersections (680x140px)
- Use shortcode on post or page to insert Street View Comments (tag is optional): [street-view-comments background=”http://url-to-background-image” mainstreet=”main street name” tag=”intersection tag slug”]
- Monitor incoming comments through email alerts and admin Comments screens
Contributors & Developers
“Street View Comments” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- enqueues jQuery script in case theme doesn’t already do this
- multiple concurrent street view displays can be run in a single WordPress Site
- tool resizes to accommodate different numbers of intersections
- misc bug fixes
- initial release