Stray Random Quotes helps you collect and display random quotes everywhere on your blog. The plugin is so flexible that it can be used to display random words of all sorts: taglines, "leave a response" messages, footer or header sections etc.
The main features:
- As many widgets as you need, each with its individual set of options, to display one or more quotes from all or some categories, randomly or in sequence, with or without AJAX, etc.
- AJAX automation so a reader of the blog can get another quote without reloading the page.
- Optional automatic rotation of the quotes within a given interval of seconds.
- Multiuser ready (contributors to the blog can access a limited version of the plugin, adding and managing their own sets of quotes)
- Shortcodes that can be used to add one quote or series of quotes to your posts and pages. The shortcodes come with a set of individual options as well and, if needed, they can be extended to apply everywhere on the blog, allowing random words for the tagline, the category names, the post titles etc.
- Template tags to add one or more quotes -- random words in general -- directly to the template pages. Template tags support many variables as well.
- A Settings page to customize the appearance of the quotes with little or no knowledge of HTML.
- A easy to use management page where even thousands of quotes can be handled easily, with bulk actions to change category, delete quotes and toggle visibility of many quotes at a time.
- A bookmarklet to create quotes on the fly as you browse the web and find text worth quoting.
- A help page where everything you need to know is explained.
See more cool things you can do with Stray Random Quotes.