Story|ftw extends the publishing power of your WordPress theme. Allows you to easily tell full screen — no header, footer, or menu — stories with a rich range of content and style elements.
Publish on WordPress? Have mobile traffic that continues to rise? Are you fighting to keep your readers focused on your stories?
Originally the plugin was created to better capture and convert the ever rising mobile traffic from paid Facebook ads. During the course of development it has grown in range and scope and bells and whistles.
We are eager to see what folks might use it for.
We plan to update the plugin often.
- Uses regular WordPress editing features
- Completely eliminates your header and footer and menu.
- Full screen image backgrounds
- Full screen gif backgrounds
- Full screen video backgrounds (fallback to jpeg or gif on mobile devices)
- Easily add call to action buttons via shortcodes
- Easily embed youtube or vimeo via shortcodes
- Drag and drop page re-ordering
- Add social sharing via shortcodes on any story page
- Easily caption photos and give love to the photographers and artists
- Complete granular control over all colors – stay on brand
- Story re-direct feature. After your story is complete re-direct to any url
- Easy to add a Table of Contents as well as logo to any story
- Check it out on your tablet or phone – thumb swiping tablet/mobile optimized navigation
So What Can It Do? Some Early Implementations…
IT CAN SELL Tell a story and dump your users onto the product page with the re-direct feature.
IT CAN COOK A native app like experience for the tablet or phone in the kitchen while cooking.
IT CAN SELL REAL ESTATE Give a better home preview than redfin or zillo. Let Realtors introduce themselves via video.
IT CAN DO LIST POSTS Keep the reader focused! Love this guy’s writing.
IT CAN DO QUOTES Everybody loves quotes.
IT CAN DO ART Is it 2018 yet?
IT CAN TELL STORIES I want to meet this kid.
IT CAN DO PRESENTATIONS Justin’s presentation from WordCamp Raleigh.
So What Would You Like It To Do
You tell us. Submit a Feature Request.
- Upload the entire
/storyftwdirectory to the
- Activate story|ftw through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Create a story.
- Create a page to ‘host’ your story.
For all FAQ’s, documentation, and support go here.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“story|ftw” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “story|ftw” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Bug fix: Backround video attached to first story page will now play automatically.
- Bug fix: Share link couldn’t be disabled in social sharing shortcode.
- The concatenated vendor script was not in the whitelist, causing the JS to fail under certain conditions.
- Dashicon selectors cache is now based on WordPress release versions. This will allow you to use the new hotness in WordPress 4.1.
- First release