One of the common features of online news stories is a section that displays two or three highlights from the story. This plugin makes it very easy for you to do just that. Story Lines allows you to add as many story lines as you want and place it anywhere within a post with a quick shortcode.
This plugin provides 1 block.
- Story Lines Example block scaffolded with Create Block tool.
- In the WordPress Dashboard, go to “Plugins” -> “Add New” and search for “Story Lines” and click install and activate.
- To add story lines for a post, go to the bottom post editor fill out the fields in the “Story Lines” section. If you don’t fill out the float and size fields, the story lines display will have a 25% width and float to the left. The display will default to a 100% width when the screen size is smaller than 500px.
- To add the shortcode to the post, go to the top of the visual editor and click the button with the “SL” on the far right of the top row of buttons.
June 24, 2017
Reducing your bounce-rate, capturing reader interest and developing SEO links to your cornerstone content is what its all about. Do you yourself a favour and add this plugin to all your sites.
Contributors & Developers
“Story Lines” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Story Lines” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Updated the block to use the latest block-creating features.
- Fixed issue with not being able to edit the block title.
- Refactor the entire plugin to use an object-oriented programming paradigm.
- Upped the lowest PHP version supported to 7.0.
- Tested to work with WordPress 5.7.1.
- Added the Story Lines Gutenberg block.
- Tested with WordPress 5.3.
- Tested with WordPress 4.9.
- Added support to show story lines on pages as well as posts.
- Better organized the custom fields.
- Added padding around the story lines on the front end.
- Tested with WordPress 4.8.
- Tested with WordPress 4.7.
- Added widget to display story lines for an article in the sidebar.
- Added ability for users to add anchor links to the story lines so that each highlight can lead to a section inside the post.
- Added French, German, Italian, Spanish and Russian translations.
- Tested with WordPress 4.6.
- Allowed users to reorder the story lines.
- Added users the ability to customize the colors of the story lines section of the post.
- Tested with WordPress 4.5.
- Fixed: Issue with float option not saving correctly.
- Initial Release