This plugin lets you add an interactive console to your WordPress site, then set up ‘Tokens’ that
control access to ‘Secrets.’ Your users type the Token into the console to reveal the corresponding secret.
You manage the process via the WordPress Admin Dashboard.
So why is this useful? Well it means you can selectively share semi-secret information
with anyone who visits your site. Here are some examples:
* MP3 Download links for bands: say you want your fans to enter a promo code first * Text adventures, puzzles, and so on * Check out the live demo at http://labs.leftcolumn.net/stoken-console/
The SToken Console is achieved using a simple HTML form. It is not a true console. It doesn’t
open up SSH access to your Web Site and should not present any security risk, but no claims are
made as to quality. It is released under the GPL. Support questions should be raised here in the form of comments.
The Tokens and Secrets are stored in your WordPress Database and are not encrypted. Because they are not encrypted I don’t recommend storing highly sensitive information. The Tokens can contain spaces and almost any other characters. Currently Tokens are limited to 255 characters. Secrets can be big. There is no limit on the number of Token/Secrets.
- Upload the whole ‘stoken’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins’ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Tools->SToken Tokens and add whatever tokens you like.
- To add the SToken Console to a Post or Page use: [stoken]
How do I get suppport?
Check the Website for support and updates: http://labs.leftcolumn.net/stoken-console/
Contributors & Developers
“SToken Console” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Fixed broken path introduced when the plugin name changed.
- Fixed quote handling
- First released Version.