Shows sticky posts on top of category pages like how it is with the main blog index.
There are no settings page or other options to configure. Sticky posts will automatically show up on top of their respective categories.
- Download the zip-archive and extract it into your computer.
- Upload the entire sticky-posts-in-category folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory in your web site.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress administration page.
There are no options to configure.
- I’ve installed the plug-in, but can’t figure out how to make a particular post “sticky” for a selected category.
First, see this article from WP Beginner for making sticky posts
Any sticky post should now show up on top of the category page that the post is categorized in.
- I’ve installed the plugin and made a post sticky. Sticky posts are still not showing up in the category page.
That probably indicates that the category page is displaying posts using a custom loop. The plugin is designed not to kick off on custom loops.
Contributors & Developers
“Sticky Posts In Category” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Added “sticky” post class to sticky posts. Only affects posts in category.
- Fixed php error when running plugin on pre-3.3 versions of WordPress
- Original Version.