The Stein Mobile Switcher detects which device (e.g. Smartphone, iPhone, Tablet) your visitor is using and enables a theme you specified. You may also display links to the different device-versions in your templates (see F.A.Q.).
Upgrading From A Previous Version
To upgrade from a previous version of this plugin, delete the entire folder and files from the previous version of the plugin and then follow the installation instructions below.
Uploading The Plugin
Extract all files from the ZIP file and then upload it to
Go to the admin area of your WordPress install and click on the “Plugins” menu. Click on “Activate” for the “Stein Mobile Switcher” plugin.
In the admin area go to “Appearance -> Stein Mobile Switcher” and choose a template for each device.
- How can I add Links to the other device-versions in my templates?
Use the following functions to do that:
- sms_link_to_site($visibility = ‘all’, $target=’full’, $text = ”) – Shows the “target”-Template
$visibility is the entry device of the visitor. Possible values are “all”, “mobile”, “iphone” and “tablet”. E.g. if you want a link to the normal template to be visible only to smartphone users:
You can also use OR:
$target specifies the Target-Template. Possible values are:
- tablet – Link to the Tablet-Site,
- iphone – Link to the iPhone/iPod-Site,
- mobile – Link to the Smartphone-Site,
- full – Link to the normal Site
$text is the displayed link text.
- How can I style the Links?
The links have a class equally to the functions name and target: class=”sms_link_to_site_TARGET” (e.g. “sms_link_to_site_mobile”). Just style them with regular CSS.
Contributors & Developers
“Stein Mobile Switcher” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?
- Bugfix for Links to “Full”-Site
- Added separate iPhone/iPod Detection
- Bugfix in Link-Visibility
- some smaller Bugfixes
- Added German Translation
- Initial Release