This plugin adds a button to widgets area to create a new sidebar area which you can later use just about anywhere.
To display the sidebar with shortcode you can use
[stag_sidebar id="custom-sidebar"] where
id is the id of the sidebar that appears in the description area of the respective widget area. You can also pass an additional parameter
class in shortcode to add class to the widget area wrapper on frontend.
We have added compatibility with Widget Importer & Exporter, which gives you the freedom to import and export custom widget areas when moving widgets from one site to another or backing up the widgets.
If you’d like to check out the code and contribute, join us on GitHub. Pull requests, issues, and plugin recommendations are more than welcome!
Checkout our finely tuned WordPress themes over at Codestag.
- Where can I find Stag Custom Sidebars documentation and guides?
- Will Stag Custom Sidebar work with my theme?
Yes; Stag Custom Sidebar will work with any theme. However, it may require some styling to match your theme.
- Where can I report bugs or contribute to the project??
Bugs can be reported either in our support forum or preferably on the Stag Custom Sidebars GitHub repository.
Un plugin molto utile e semplicissimo da usare. Grazie per il grande lavoro!
Easy to use and it works well with a floating widget plugin that I needed as well. Solved a "sticky" problem. Good job!
1.2 – Apr 04, 2016
- Ensure compability with WordPress 4.5
- Fix sidebar delete button positioning
- Escape sidebar title in customizer
1.1 – Dec 17, 2015
- Fixed an issue where sidebar wouldn’t delete
- Tweaked the delete icon
1.0.11 – Oct 20, 2014
- Fix issue with undefined variables breaking the sidebars
1.0.10 – Oct 19, 2014
- Fix issue with undefined option keys under customizer when no custom sidebars are present
1.0.9 – August 28, 2014
- Ensure compatibility with WordPress 4.0
- Fix an issue where plugin caused an error on customizer screen when no custom sidebars are created
- Introduced a new filter, to filter every registered sidebar arguments
1.0.8 – June 11, 2014
- Added confirmation dialogue when deleting the sidebar area
1.0.7 – May 22, 2014
- Added compatibilty with Widget Customizer
1.0.6 – February 18, 2014
- Ability to import/export custom widgets area via Widget Importer & Exporter
- Performance tweaks
1.0.5 – December 21, 2013
- Bug Fixes
1.0.4 – December 20, 2013
- Fixed an issue where deleting a sidebar area caused other sidebar area’s widgets to disappear
1.0.3 – December 17, 2013
- Better integration in WordPress 3.8
- Added backwords compatibilty
1.0.2 – December 13, 2013
- Fix: Few UI issues with WordPress 3.8
- Improved: Compatibilty with WordPress 3.8
- Provide fallback for older version of WordPress installations
1.0.1 – October 31, 2013
- Fix: Issue with register_sidebar arguments being overridden
- Fix: Changed opening/closing tags for sidebar wrapper and sidebar widgets
1.0 – October 23, 2013
- Initial version.