SpoofMail validates an email by checking the email’s structure, finding the email’s MX-Records and checking that the email has not been generated from a temporary or fake email provider.
The functions provided:
The SpoofMail PHP function takes an email and an optional callback function.
The function also returns a simple Boolean for ‘pass’ or ‘fail’.
The callback contains one argument with an array of failed checks or NULL if the email passed all checks.
sm_verify_email( $email, $callback )
The callback contains two arguments. The first is a simple object containing the ‘pass’ or ‘fail’ status and an array of failed checks.
The second argument contains the entire response object and can mostly be ignored.
Developed by PHP Hosting Experts CatN
- Upload the
spoofMaildirectory to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
or use the automatic installation method:
- Log in to your blog and go to the Plugins page.
- Click Add New button.
- Search for Benchmark Email Lite.
- Click Install Now link.
- (sometimes required) Enter your FTP or FTPS username and password, as provided by your web host.
- Click Activate Plugin link.
Contributors & Developers
“SpoofMail” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First Release.