Spider Tracker is a WordPress plugin developed by Tony Fernandes of MnM-Designs.com with one purpose. That purpose is to track web spiders’ activity on your WordPress blog. It features a friendly user interface allowing you to define which spiders to track and how many recent index crawls to store for each.
The main statistics page will list all your active spiders showing real time stats for each including the last x pages visited by the spider (x is defined by you!), it also reports how many pages each spider has crawled since you set up that spider or since you last reset that spider’s stats, information about the spider such as a link to its homepage, its function, characteristics and more.
For a list of the top web spiders and how to set them up visit the plugin’s page
- Download the zipped file.
- Extract the zip file and upload all contents from the folder
- Go to the Plugin management page of WordPress admin section and enable the
- Go to the
Spider Tracker->Settingspage to setup more Spiders to track
Contributors & Developers
“Spider Tracker” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed problem with missing files on previous update
- Re-scaled percentage bars width
- Fixed some jQuery conflicts
- Initial version