Spamtrap adds simple rules that help catch and block spambots on:
Rules that the client must pass for a successfull action:
- test if the client performed a GET on resource page
This plugin scatters invisible links to spam traps email addresses throughout your wordpress blog to help collect and catch spam.
Install this plugin to help contribute to the project and catch spammers by hiding links to honey pots (spam traps) in your blog. The links are never visible to human visitors, but the spambots and crawlers follow them straight into the traps.
Details about spamtraps can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spamtrap
- Upload the entire
spamtrapfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
You will find ‘Spamtrap’ menu in your WordPress admin panel.
waiting for questions
Contributors & Developers
“SpamTrap” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
0.3.2 : 25.03.2014
- more random in email addresses
- changed main domain
- Generated email addresses contain host’s hash and a timestamp
- Posibility to link to spamtrap
- Changed format of generated email addresses
- First release