Spam Master was born out of need to protect our website against constant malicious spam registrations and comments that affect the majority of wordpress websites. We did it the TechGasp way… coded a brand new, clean and fast plugin that will make your professional wordpress website safe and clean.
Spam Master protects WordPress based websites from thousands of know spam emails, domains, ip’s and words by blocking user registrations or post comments. Uses RBL technology (real time block lists) constantly being updated.
The problem facing spam targeted wordpress blogs is that most of the spam registrations or comments are done by a mixture of “bots” robots and human spamming. Most of the spam registration systems fail including captcha precisely because the human factor kicks in during registration, also these captcha systems “push away” real user registrations and can injure your professional, commercial, sales based website income.
The plugin comes packed with automated Spam Learning function that will make your wordpress blog a fighting spam enforcer by providing registration ip’s and emails for analysis and spam lists inclusion.
Very few plugins will actually show the statistics we packed into spam master. Protection Level, Total Website Users, Total Spam Users Blocked, Total Number of Comments, Total Number of Spam Blocked Comments, Total Number of Approved Comments, Total Number of Pending Comments, Total Number of Trashed Comments, Total Number of Threats you are Protected from, Spam Learning, Status of RBL Spam Servers, User Registrations List with (user id, registration date, user status, name, username, and email) and Comments List with (comment date, comment author, author email, author website, comment content, comment status).
Spam Master… keeps your professional wordpress clean
- Protects WordPress from User Registrations (spamming bots, users or both)
- Protects WordPress Comments from (spamming bots, users or both)
- Protects WordPress Pages and Posts from malicious trackbacks (spamming bots, users or both)
- Spam Master marks as spam comments wrongly cleared as safe by akismet, check screenshots
- Spam Master checks for emails, domains, ip’s and words
- Uses real time scan from thousands of known spamming sources (effectively blocks those nasty hotmail, live, msn and outlook registrations)
- Includes Statistical information to keep your life easy
- Spam Master Learning makes your WordPress an Anti-Spam enforcer by collecting data for analysis
- Spam Master allows you to customise the frontend blocked registration message
- Spam Master allows you to view a week of blocked registrations (date and email) and export the data as csv file. Data gets auto-deleted after 7 days to keep your database light
- Spam Master allows you to hide the website field from your theme comments form
- Spam Master includes the famous Google reCAPTCHA and Invisible reCAPTCHA on registration, login or comments pages and posts
- Spam Master includes Honeypot fields for registration, login or comments forms
- Spam Master includes Firewall technology, blocking misfits before they even enter your website
- Spam Master includes Signatures
- Spam Master includes a brand new automatic Threat Alert Level, it’s an easy and interactive way for you to know if your website is being targeted by spammers and the level of intensity or danger of this targeting
- Spam Master includes Spam Activity Probability, in conjunction with the Alert Level, Spam Master advanced detection heuristic analytics will provide you with an approximated percentage of all activity in your website
- Spam Master includes a bunch of useful widgets
- Spam Master is Contact Form 7 Ready. Uses pro-active scan of your email contact form before triggering any mail function
- Spam Master is PHP 7 ready
- Spam Master is IPv6 ready
Free Trial then $8 per year
Spam Master is a free plugin which works with the premium non-free Real Time Block List Servers (RBLs). This plugin provides a service software as a service wiki.
- Demo Link
- Top 20 Spam Countries
- Search Threat DB
- Last 10 Threats
- Top 10 Registration Threats
- Top 10 Comment Threats
- Top 10 Trackback Threats
- Top 10 IP Threats
- Top 10 Email Threats
- RBL Cluster Status
More High Quality Plugins?
- For professional wordpress websites
- Tested for fast page load times and SEO
- Click Here
- Use the WordPress Installer, Updater.
- Activate in the “Plugins” admin panel.
- Visit the “Plugin Page Menu | Spam Master” to configure settings.
- Spam Master Documentation
Poor Support. Confusing registration. I paid 2 weeks ago and still don’t have the registration working. No one replied to my last email. No they don’t provide Professional Priority support. Wish I’d gone with another company. Too difficult and not enough help.
I find it hard to believe this plugin isn’t violating the WordPress rules.
There are ZERO function that work without an active license. They will give you a trial license that is only good for 7 days. I purposely invalidated the license to see what, if any functions work without it and it seems that they are ALL not functioning.
Trial Ware is supposed to be against the rules.
To top it all off, there are a few reports of the plugin author being amazingly rude and nasty to plugin users. He even called a guy “retarded” here – https://wordpress.org/support/topic/im-convinced-its-a-scam-to-make-you-buy-the-full-version/
I would advise anyone looking for SPAM software to move on to the next option. This plugin seems like a huge scam, is most likely violating the rules AND the author likes to insult and belittle people.
99% of the registrations I get are spambots even with Spam Master. Items I put on the block list are allowed to register anyway.
One of the best spam control i have seen i am using it on my site [Link redacted] I get a lot of spam ,I have just installed this plugin and it has blocked 24 threats in the last half hour
Excellent Job on this plugin
Just what I need. It blocks spam registrations.
Contributors & Developers
“Spam Master” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixing Ip function in lic sender
- Start implementation of google Invisible reCAPTCHA
- Fixing Contact Form 7 buffer loop
- Fixing if ( ip or host ) are empty
- Adding Alert Level spam activity probability percentage to Settings page
- Adding Alert Level spam activity probability percentage Icons
- Adding Alert Level spam activity probability uninstall options
- Tweaking colors of Alert Level table
- Sanitizing input fields
- Adding api from other registration, comment and email forms plugins in Protection Tools page, Integrations
- Adding Contact Form 7 to Integrations in Protection Tools page (contact form 7 pro-active email scan before email function trigger)
- Addind Contact Form 7 to uninstall options
- Moving Recaptcha to Integrations in Protection Tools page
- Moving Honey to Integrations in Protection Tools page
- Adding dns_get_record
- Fixing unexpected T_BOOLEAN_AND, expecting ‘)’ in learning function. Affects websites with old php versions. Adding backward compatibility
- Adding buffer emails along side ip’s to automatic comments cleaning
- Returning WP_ERROR if comment ip is the same as the web server
- Exempting remote_post check if empty registration username or email
- If empty blogname use server ip
- Editing Alert texts
- Fixing alert level manual check to display immediately after checking and not after page refresh
- Option to auto remove website field from comments form, or at least attempt according to theme. Option available in Protection Tools page under Comment Options
- Adding remove website field from comments form to uninstall
- Adding fall-back ip check and wp_get_current_user for learning and license functions
- Extending buffer size to 2678400
- Adding Trackback protection description
- Adding manual alert sync in Settings page
- Adding alert sync option to uninstall function
- Adding alert sync icon
- Implementation of Spam & Threats Alert Levels
- Adding Alert Levels notices in Spam Master Settings page. Remember to visit Spam Master Settings page or Statistics page for the new feature
- Adding alert levels to lic functions
- Adding alert level icons
- Moving threats count from learning function to lic functions, learning function speed improvement
- Adding Alert Level to Settings
- Adding Alert Level to Statistics page
- Adding Alert Level to uninstall options
- Adding Documentation Buttons in Spam Master Settings Page
- IIS servers gethostbyname($_SERVER[‘SERVER_NAME’]) & $_SERVER[‘LOCAL_ADDR’]
- Re-doing admin notices
- Ip or php version applied to learning function
- Adding more text to malfunction 2 help
- Adding year, month, day, hours, minutes and seconds to comment trackbacks since theres no threat email to insert in buffer
- Fixing trackback ip, in some setups does not provide correct info
- Fixing trackback email
- Adding trackback HTTP_POST_VARS to get post vars
- Uninstall_hook / clean stuff from wp_options if plugin deactivated and deleted
- Forcing Firewall On
- Ip and hostname from win IIS machines
- Cleaning and speeding up learning function by combining comments multi and single site in one function
- Fixing learning function multisite mode $approved and commendata in comments function
- Moving expired mails to separate files
- Cleaning Status page
- Fixing Admin Notices that created warnings in other wordpress pages including the updater
- Adding bold styling to firewall and registration blocks
- Order firewall entry table by id
- Inverting spam checking for comments. IMPORTANT spam buffer is checked first
- Adding Learning Function to comment trackbacks
- Adding documentation & help to Protection Statuses
- Making sure TRIAL accepts Malfunction statuses
- Fixing a couple of typos in require_name_email for commenting
- Enforcing require_name_email for commenting
- Fixing learning function if email contained tags
- Changing expiration text
- Corrected email text
- Corrected expiration warnings
- Adding comment options in Protection Tools page for require_name_email, comment_registration, comment_moderation, comment_whitelist
- Enforcing require_name_email for commenting
- Adding Malfunction Statuses to Protection Tools page to fix php notices
- readme shortning
- Adding more statuses. Malfunction warnings
- Moving valid functions to pre registrations and comments
- Adding warnings to all plugin pages, call for action
- Important comments api upgrade. Check comments before inserting into comments db. Clear Admin roles comments, pending unknown, trash spam.
- Important comments api upgrade. Do not send comment emails to admins if they have admin roles origins or comments are spam, trash. Send emails only if pending.
- WordPress 4.7.x
- readme clean up
- Exempting admin roles “administrator”, “editor”, “author” and “contributor” from comment checks
- Exempting admin roles “administrator”, “editor”, “author” and “contributor” from firewall checks
- Adding clean spam buffer to Protection Tools page
- Fixing button links to add or remove threats in Protection Tools page
- Fixing trial email function
- Adding trial email function
- Check buffer and automatically change comment status to spam using more search options
- Removing User Registrations table since they can be seen in wp users
- In Statistics page adding blocked to trashed since version 5.1.2 moves spam comments straight to trash
- In Statistics page fixed typo where total comments displayed blocked comments
- In Protection Tools page, adding option to turn off auto comments cleaning
- In Protection Tools page, adding status color and text to rbl, firewall, learning and comments
- Adding comments to Firewall triggers
- Fixing comment author email
- Fixing comment contents
- Change comment status to spam during post
- Run daily clean comments. Check buffer and automatically change comment status to trash
- Adding comments marked as spam to firewall stats
- WP_Mail function
- Adding backwards php compatibility ‘&&’ (T_BOOLEAN_AND)
- Adding !function_exists(‘wp_get_current_user’) in case plugins_loaded is not ready for that function
- Multisite settings and license moved to each individual blog
- Multisite / Single registrations, better Spam Bot detection
- If empty Blog Admin replace with Blog Name in remote post
- Auto Trial License
- Version 5.0 contained 4 releases (5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3). For more info please check the changelog online.
- TechGasp Framework 5.0. Visit our website to check the new features packed into TechGasp Framework 5.
- API improvements
- Updater and License upgrade
- WordPress 4.6.x Ready!
- PHP 7 Ready!
- Fixed unexpected ‘&&’ (T_BOOLEAN_AND) for some wordpress setups
- Fixed output generated before Headers sent
- New plugin paths and folder
- New protection Lists
- Extra Protection Tools
- Adding automatic buffer cleaning
- Version 4 contained 27 releases (4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1, 4.2.2, 4.2.3, 4.2.4, 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.5, 4.3.6, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 4.4.0, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124, 4.4.4, 4.4.5). For more info please check the changelog online.
- Redesigned Plugin Administrator With Main Root Plugin Link
- Redesigned Plugin Administrator With Plugin Sub Links
- Implementing WordPress Tables
- Version 3 contained 1 releases (3.0). For more info please check the changelog online.
- TechGasp Framework V2 Implementation
- Version 2 contained 5 releases (2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.4.5). For more info please check the changelog online.
- Stable release
- Adding User Management for future enhancements
- Fixing warnings and other stuff
- Alpha release
- Adding Buttons
- Start coding