An enhanced theme editor with a better tree view of the theme files and folders and some extra functionality.
Changing Theme files may harm your WordPress Site installation, please do not install this plugin unless you know exactly what you are doing.
Make sure you backup all your files before installing this plugin.
Features and highlights:
- View any theme files in a tree view structure (including sub directories)
- View all files (not just PHP and CSS)
- Edit the following file extensions: LESS, PHP, CSS, JS, XML, HTML, HTM, TXT, SQL
- Syntax highlighter and line numbers
- Download a ZIP backup of the whole theme
- Download individual files
- Create and Delete files
To install this plugin please use the “install” feature from the WordPress site.
Best thing is you get the access to all include files and you can get rid of FTP to create and delete theme pages. Super
Contributors & Developers
“Solid Code Theme Editor” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Initial setup + corrected plugin directory…
- Updated single downloader to work on linux system
- added support for synthax highlighter for editor using Ace Editor (for Chrome and Firefox)
- added support for less files
- added support for https
- added abilities to add new files
- added abilities to delete old files
- small fixes to work with new functionality
- added support for child themes
- fixes for child themes – so not to show them when they are not selected to prevent parent themes from being overriden
- fixed editor (scroll was not working on editor) and also added 100% width on editor style for large screens
- some more fixes
- added LESS support