Socialize This is a WordPress plugin that allows the user to easily generate Social Widgets (Icons) and spread the word about their blog posts. It works out-of-the-box with little to no configuration required.
If you have any questions or feedback, I’m @MikeRogers0 on twitter.
- Gives you analytical data about your blog Socialness
- Twitter integration (Via OAuth) – It can inform your follows of your new blog posts when you publish them.
- URL Shortening integration – Automatically generates shortened URL’s for your posts.
- Fully Customizable with Integrated Templates.
- No Link Back Required.
- Bit.ly Pro Support
- Open Graph Support
- Google +1 Support
- Released under the GPL v.2
- PHP5 or better – PHP4 is not supported.
- cURL must be enabled.
- Upload the
socialize-thisfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- (Optional) Place
<?php show_social_widgets(); ?>in your template.
Note: If you are running PHP4 some errors may occur, this plugin was designed for PHP5.
- How do I add my own Widgets?
Here is a video of me explaining how to add widgets in the Admin end.
- How do I change the OAuth Application?
There are much better solutions that are still being worked on, you should use them 🙂
Contributors & Developers
“Socialize This” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
* Fix for +1
* Fixed widget folder issue. * Improved Open Graph support
* Patched %permalink% issue. * Updated plugin screenshots
* Fixed bit.ly issue. * Fixed +1 counts.
* Removed PHP4 Support * Added +1 Support * Improved Analytics * Removed "Attempt to extend PHP max_execution_time and memory_limit" options. * Made default widget set a sprite image. * Made a few UI changes for a better UX
* Added Open Graph Support * Added goo.gl Support * Fixed the AJAX digg widget bug. * Added "Share this Link Set" * Clean up code a little.
* Added OAuth Support for twitter * Updated Widgets page and XML * Improved Tags List * Added analytical support. * Added a CSS Sheets (Which can be disabled if user wants).
* Initial version