Add various social networking share buttons to your website, including; Facebook, Twitter, StumbleUpon and Reddit.
- Add Twitter share button to your website
- Customize the style and language of the Twitter button.
- Add Facebook share button to your website
- Customize the style of the Facebook button
- Customize the width/height of your Facebook button
- Change the verb to “Like” or “Recommend” and font
- Change the language of the Facebook button (includes all supported Facebook languages, including Pirate and Klingon)
- Add Facebook plugins to your site, including; Activity Feed, Recommendations and Like Box
- Add StumbleUpon button to your website, including 5 different designs.
- Add Reddit.com button to your website, including 20+ different designs.
You can install the plugin manually by;
SocialSharefolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to “Appearance”, drag the widget into your primary widget area
- See the Social Share Website for complete tutorial
Or you can install the plugin automatically using the WordPress Dashboard;
- Go to the admin page and select the ‘Plugins’ menu, using the ‘Add new’ menu item
- Search for ‘Social Share’
- Select install for the plugin ‘Social Share’
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Installing Plugin’ page in WordPress
- Administer it from the ‘Settings’ menu using the ‘Social Share’ menu item
- Where can I see an example of the widget/plugin?
On the tutorial page; http://www.jpreece.com/wordpress/social-share-plugin-for-wordpress/
Yes, however it is only used on the administration pages to allow you to preview any changes made to the plugin.
- Can I customize the look of the plugin
Yes, you can use the Social Share Settings page (Admin > Settings > Social Share) to configure some basic settings.
You can also add custom CSS to control the layout. CSS classes are;
Contributors & Developers
“Social Share” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Adds Facebook plugins (Activity Feed, Recommendations, Like Box)
- Adds Reddit
- Adds customization via the widget
- Code review
Adds StumbleUpon share button and adds ability to switch off any button
- First release
- Preview release