Social Metrics is a Social Media Analytics tool you can use to track your WordPress blog performance on popular social networking websites and services.
- Track how is your content shared on Twitter, Facebook, Google +1, StumbleUpon, Digg and LinkedIn
- Find out exactly how many times your posts/pages have been shared across these social networks
- Performance of all blog posts and pages is displayed in tabular format
- Browse to find out which posts have gone viral and been popularised over the social media
- Use the information to find out which social media websites should you promote your content the most
- Access Social Metrics from WordPress Admin bar
- Easily filter the displayed output by categories and by month
- Quickly switch between posts and pages
- Choose how many posts you wish to see at a time
- Seamlessly share posts/pages over the social networks from right within the Social Metrics Dashboard
- Lightweight plugin with minimal settings
Upload the Social Metrics plugin folder to your plugins directory, activate it and it should work out of the box. Detailed instructions follow:
- Extract and upload the ‘social-metrics’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Social Metrics Settings page located under the Plugins menu and configure the options as desired
- Review and Save Changes
- Now go to Social Metrics Dashboard located under the Dashboard menu to see the social media metrics
- How do I access the Social Metrics Dashboard?
The Social Metrics Dashboard is located under the WordPress Dashboard menu. You can also access it from WordPress Admin bar.
- I cannot see the Social Metrics option under the WordPress Dashboard menu. What could be wrong?
Please check if the plugin is active. If the issue persists, please check your permissions. You should have administrator level access to ba able to see the Social Metrics Dashboard.
- Where can I report a bug or submit feature requests?
Contributors & Developers
“Social Metrics” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Updated to remove dependence on JQuery library
- Fixed issue with LinkedIn counts
- Removed Google Buzz Support as the service is no longer available
- GUI refreshed.
- Minor Fixes.
- First Release.