This pluign gives you the ability to control how your content appears on Facebook when a user share’s or likes an article or other content on your site. The plugin
is extremely flexible and can be activated and left to handle everything behind the scenes or it can be used for more adavnced purposes such as adding Video, Audio,
and Location data to specific posts or pages that you write.
The plugin is extremely flexable and supports custom post types so that you can fully integrate your website into the social graph. Additionally it integrates your
website into Facebook insights giving you very detailed information on the people using your website.
Languages Currently Supported:
Installation is made as simple as possible just follow the steps below.
Jump into your WordPress admin panel and navigate to the Plugins menu.
Click the “Add New” button near the top of that page.
Do a search for “Social Graph Protocol” and find the one by CodeHooks and/or Adam Losier
Press the install now button.
If the plugin was not activated (it should be) go into your WordPress administration panel, click Plugins and then activate when you see this plugin in the list.
Please refer to the post Social Graph Protocol Plugin For WordPress on the CodeHooks website. Feel free to direct all of your questions in the comments section of that page or in the WordPress support forums. Thank You.
Contributors & Developers
“” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Just a check to see if everything is going to work alright with WordPress 4.3, everything seems ok let me know if you see any issues
- Just realized after several months that the 2.0.5 update wen’t horribly wrong but is now fixed so you should be able to upgrade fine from here on in
- An update to keep the plugin active inside of the repository
- Properly fixed an error some would get using the Facebook Debug tool when dealing with certain unsupported locale’s
- Temporary hot-fix was introduced to prevent certain WordPress locale’s from causing an error in the Facebook debugger. I’ll be pushing out a proper fix for this soon.
- Fixed a bug that would cause an error message related to FB Admins tag when using the Facebook debugger tool
- Hotfix that should take care of php warning message “in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-graph-protocol/index.php on line 318” for WPMU users.
- Pretty much re-wrote the entire plugin
- All posts now created should not return any errors in the Facebook debugging tool
- Removed the duplication of og meta tags when using this plugin along side the WP Facebook plugin Facebook Plugin
- Fixed a bug where the user might wind up with a php error while entering empty values in the general settings after updating to version 1.2.1
- Updated the plugins contextual help to be a little more clear
- Cleaned up the source code and made quite a few improvements (Adpated to the Settings API)
- Started to re-add language support, plugin now supports six different languages (English, French, Arabic, Spanish, Hindi, and Portuguese)
- Updated the screenshots for the plugin
- Updated Contextual help for WordPress 3.3 which means its incompatible with wordpress versions prior to 3.3.
- Removed language translations but will continue to work on getting the languages back after I write better help docs, only language supported for the time being is English.
- Fixed some post titles not being included on the post pages
- Added collapsable and expandable menus on post and edit pages to minimize things a bit
- Please let me know if you have any suggestions or see anything that needs to be fixed. (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- During the last SVN update I made a naming mistake on the folder, this should fix the issue with that upadate sorry for the error.
- Fixed a bug where the admins tag was showing up as og:admins and not fb:admins, this will fix the “No admin data found at root webpage” Facebook insights error you might of seen.
- Fixed a bug where it would toss a fatal error when if post thumbnails are not enabled in the theme, special thanks to adrian7 for picking up on this.
- Now supports 12 different languages instead of 9
- Fixed a bug where the og:image tag would display the full html image instead of just the src
- Began to localize the plugin, now supports 9 different languages
- Fixed a few confusing naming issues
- You no longer need to remember your custom post type slugs, plugin will now auto-detect them
- Fixed a naming bug that caused the plug-ins includes to fail on the settings and post/page edit screens
- No changes since this is the first release