SN Rating is an enhanced rating plugin for WP content which has got unmatched features that are still unavailable in existing rating related plugins. Along with post specific rating it provides geo location tracking. Now its also got support for Rich Snippets for better SEO rankings.
- Easy to install
- Works with any standards compliant WordPress theme
- Plays well with other Plugins
- Supports regular WordPress widgets
- Multiple rating parameters setup for standard and custom post types. For e.g., two rating parameters for post and single/default rating box for comments.
- Post wise rating scale configuration. For e.g. 5 stars rating for posts and 3 stars rating for comments.
- Geolocation tracking to help analyze location wise ratings, a helpful feature to target specific countries/regions/areas.
- Detailed rating information widget to know how many times a particular rating is chosen.
- Facebook and Twitter sharing for social media marketing.
- Rich snippet support for better SEO optimization.
- Multi-lingual support.
Using the Plugin
Steps to Use Plugin
Once the plugin is installed you may have to perform a few steps to enable rating to your content.
To make the process easy we have divided settings under different tabs:
Rating Configuration Tab:
Rating Configuration Tab contains a list of entities available in the system. And here you can enable rating, factors mode (multiset rating mode) and most rated content mode.
This page shows you a list of all entities in a table and related options are in an individual row.
Rating Parameters Configuration Tab:
This tab is for Rating Parameters/multiset rating creation which can be assigned later to those posts/pages/comments where user has selected Rating Parameters mode enabled.
Analytics & Sharing Configuration Tab:
Analytics & Sharing Configuration tab has got some advance features which are:
* Select Theme: You may select default rating images from predefined / existing rating images which also shows you a preview what a rating widget looks like.
* Stars Display Count: Number of images/stars you want a rating widget should have got, which will be common for every post type.
* Demographic mode: Rating details with regional information can be viewed once this option is set. To view information Rating widget should be assigned to a page region.
* Share Feature: This enables normal sharing of your content to facebook and twitter with a snippet of content and average rating information.
For Advanced Users
Advanced users can edit the CSS (and do just about anything).
We would appreciate your views and suggestions to make this plugin a success. Please mail us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have installed the plugin however the rating is still not visible on my content?
After you enable the plugin next step would be to allow rating on your post/pages/comments. To enable them go to settings/Rating Settings.
There you would see a list of all entities existing in the system (Post/Page/Revision/Comments).
In front of every post type there is a checkbox “Enable”, check it and save your changes, rating will start appearing on the selected content post type.
- How to enable Multiset Rating Factors Mode?
Goto settings/Rating Setting on Rating Configuration Tab in the row of post type where you want to enable factors mode select “Factors Mode” checkbox and save your changes.
- After enabling Factors Mode where do I attach or use factors for posts?
Once you enabled factors mode for an post type then the next stip would be to assign factors and doing so on page settings/Rating Settings at Rating Configuration Tab under entities section you would see a link Assign Factors (Multisets) to Rating the content.
- What is Demographic Mode under Advanced Settings?
Demographic mode is for showing rating details region/country wise. To show demographic details you must choose the widget “Rating Details”.
Installed this and it did not work and caused comments to not display - was using it with Business Directory plugin - so I guess the 2 dont work together
- Support for google rich snippet for better presence in SEO.
- Plugin support for wordpress version 3.8.
- Plugin support for wordpress version 3.6.1
- Bug fix for rating box callback in BuddyPress pages.
- Rating for BuddyPress media/images and listing page
- Bug fix for parameter based rating
- Bug fix for path issue on mac/linux.
- Bug fix for CSS, Rating Analytics menu widget
- Improved UI for Rating Analytics page
- Destination change for download file (GeoLiteCity.dat) from ‘plugins/sn-rating’ to ‘wp-content/themes/library’
- Multisite Support for the plugin
- Warning and Notices fixes
- Bug fix for delete rating parameters display on posts
- Added Rating Analytics Page
- Added Post wise rating scale configuration
- Bug fix for after upgrade data deletion and edit theme for custom post type
- Bug fix for custom post types display in Rating Configuration tab
- Added copy deck changes
- Default enabled Edit Theme, Assign Rating Parameters links
- Removed default theme selection from Analytics & Sharing Configuration Tab
- Condition change for Rating Details widget display to administrator role only
Before updating please make a backup of your existing files and database. Just in case.
After upgrading from earlier versions look for link “Update Store”. This will update your database structure to work with new version.