This plugin configures WordPress to use a SMTP server when sending emails instead of the default PHP
It also creates a settings page where you can enter the SMTP server details and authenticatin credentials if needed.
- Upload the plugin to the
- Activate the plugin from the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Configure the SMTP details from the ‘SMTP’ settings page
- Will the plugin work with versions prior to 3.0?
I have not tested the plugin with a WordPress version lower than 3.0 so it might or it might not work. You can give it a try.
- I have a plugin that sends out emails but doesn’t use SMTP. Why?
Said plugin has to use the WordPress default
wp_mail()function when sending emails in order for SMTP to work.
- How do I set up the plugin to use the Gmail SMTP?
Use the following settings:
Username: gmail address
Password: gmail password
Just you need to configure the SMTP when necessary
Contributors & Developers
“SMTP” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- The password field is of type password instead of text and does not display your saved password
- Now storing encrypted passwords in the database (Make sure you re-enter your password if you are updating)
- Initial release.