Premium WordPress Sliders
Apart from Smooth Slider, SliderVilla is having 19+ Free and Premium WordPress Sliders plugins. It is only place with so many ready designs for different requirements and needs. Pick a slider as per your design requirement and feature need. Premium sliders on SliderVilla comes with lot many extra features.
For example, Placid Slider is the best Logo and Brand Slider WordPress plugin. If you are looking for an elegant Image Gallery for WordPress, checkout Foto Slider
of SliderVilla. Similarly, Pointelle Slider is a WordPress Content Slider best suitable as Homepage Slider. All these premium sliders are not just well integrated > with WordPress, but also comes with WooCommerce, Events Manager, The Events Calendar integrations. One can build Events Slider, Products Slider, Facebook Album
Slider, Flickr Image Gallery, RSS Feed Slider, Category and Tag Slider, Custom Post Type Slider, YouTube Auto Fetch Video Slider, Instagram Slider and many more.
Visit SliderVilla, the largest WordPress Slider Store.
Smooth Slider Pro
Roster Slider of SliderVilla is the premium version of Smooth Slider plugin. You can create unlimited sliders with separate designs using Roster. It comes with 3
extra skins to make the sliders look even more elegant and design rich. Apart from that, All integrations and type of sliders are possible with Roster Slider
Live Support & Priority Support
SliderVilla Support team is committed towards all users of our slider plugins including free sliders. If you are not getting reply on the support threads on
repository forum, please feel free to visit SliderVilla and get priority support using Live Chat or by submitting a ticket.
Create Responsive WordPress Slider
Once you create a new slider by adding posts to Smooth Slider, you can preview the complete slider on settings page. It allows you to customize the typography, transition speed, effect, background color, slider width and height etc. before embedding the slider. You can directly preview an Auto Fetched Recent Posts Slider and Category Slider on the setting page.
Change Slide Link URL
If you want to change the original URL of added slide, you can do that in Smooth Slider. It is important when you want to add image slide and like to point to an internal link of your site or some external URL. Easily add any external/internal URL for slide and use Smooth Slider as banner or Advertisement Slider.
Drag and Drop Reorder
Change the order of added slides using drag and drop method. Using mouse, you can easily drag and drop the added slides on Sliders page, save changes to change the order. Once saved, check the preview or wherever the slider is embedded. The changes starts appearing instantly.
If you want the slider to showcase slides in random order on each load, there is an option to do that. Once enabled, the slider will automatically keep changing order of the slides in all cases including custom slider, recent posts slider, category slider.
Limit Number of Posts
You may choose to restrict the number of slides in the slider. For example, if you want to only show 5 recently published posts inside the slider, there is an option to do that. It also helps when you create image slider using images from media library and like to only show the recently added 4 images inside the slider, this feature is helpful. Restricting number of slides helps in page performance too.
Auto Expired Slides
Smooth Slider comes with an option to auto expire a slide on a particular date. It allows you to set a date for added slides and once the date reaches, that particular slide will step appearing in the slider. A very helpful option for promotional or offer like slides which comes with an expiry date
Image Pick Preference
Smooth Slider can automatically fetch images from multiple locations in preference order. The set order is as a pre-defined custom field, featured image, image attached to the post and by scanning the post. You can skip any of these set preferences and allow Smooth Slider to pick image from particular source. If all options are set, Smooth Slider will go by the mentioned preference. Through the last option, Smooth Slider can even show external images appearing inside your blog post.
Text Content Control
For content slider, this option is really good. It allows you to restrict the number of characters or words in the text content area which should appear before ‘Red More’ text. Well, there is also an option to disable the ‘read more’ text too. Text for the content area can be fetched from Post Content, Excerpt or pre-defined custom field.
Export and Import
One can export the complete setting of Smooth Slider and import on other installation. This feature helps in migrating the WordPress installation or Smooth Slider installation from development to production environment. The exported CSV file will have all the setting information of Smooth Slider WordPress plugin from your site and will be imported to the other Smooth Slider installation.
Smooth Slider comes with a ready widget to create WordPress Slideshow Widget. Place the Smooth Slider – Simple widget in the widget ready area and it will start appearing.
Shortcode and Template Tag
Apart from widget, Smooth Slider comes with template tag and shortcode too. These methods allow you to put Smooth Slider anywhere on your WordPress site. Smooth Slider is also compatible with popular page builders like Visual Composer, Beaver Builder etc. Use these methods to embed the slider and get it running in just few minutes of installation.
RSS Feed Slider, NextGEN Gallery Slider
With Add-ons, you can extend the functionality of Smooth Slider WordPress plugin. NextGEN Gallery add-on allows you to create a WordPress Slider of NextGEN Gallery items. Similarly, RSS Feed Add-on allows you to create a WordPress Slider with Posts from third-party website or any site having RSS or Atom Feeds. Multiple Category and Tag Sliders are also possible with their individual add-ons.
- All Premium Slider of SliderVilla comes with in-built add-on features. So no add-on required in Premium WordPress Sliders.
For more information, check the following articles
- Complete Documentation of Smooth Slider
- Browser Premium Sliders of SliderVilla
- Once Slider is Installed, Optimize the Site to Make it Fast
- Checkout WordPress Slider Blog for Tutorials, Howtos and more
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
List of Premium Sliders
- Create Unlimited Settings Panels
- Created Unlimited Custom Sliders
- Multiple Designs to Choose From
- Events Slider
- Products Slider
- Facebook Album Slider
- Flickr, Instagram, 500px Auto Fetch Slider
- YouTube and Vimeo API based Slider
- Export/Import Settings
- Lightbox Effect
- Logo Slider with Grayscale Effect (Placid)
- Multiple Image Size Slider
- Google Web Fonts option on Settings Panel
- Prompt Support and Lifetime Upgrades
- Live Chat Support
Checkout Few Premium WordPress Responsive Sliders such as,
- Placid Slider – Best Logo and Client Brand Slider
- Pointelle Slider – Best WordPress Slider Design for Homepage
- Glam Slider – Full Page Slider with Partial Visible Slides
- Featured Slider – Awesome WordPress Slider to Show Featured Content
- Listic Slider – Best List View Slider for WordPress
- Roster Slider – Best Horizontal Carousal for WordPress
- Pinwheel Slider – Ultimate rotator with responsive design
- Akkord Slider – Premium Accordion Slider for WordPress
- Foto Slider – Best Gallery View Slider for WordPress
and many more
- In case you have upgraded from previous versions (<= 2.3.2) using WordPress automatic upgradation, and the plugin is not working, please deactivate and reactivate the plugin.
- Also, in case you are still getting list of the entries, please go to the Smooth Slider Settings page and just ‘Save’ the settings. Check if the settings Miscellaneous => Smooth Slider Styles to use on other than Post/Pages is equal to default. Then save the settings.
Check the other FAQs on Smooth Slider Documetation on SliderVilla.
Got it to do exactly what I needed to do with just a little code.
Hi, congratulations for this plugin, very practical for texts (items for example). For more than one slider managed by this plugin, can the parameters be different (size and appearance for example)? Best regards, StÃ©phane
Version 2.8.6 (11/10/2016)
- Fix – PHP7 notices.
Version 2.8.5 (09/19/2016)
- Fix – ‘Display slider’ select box in slider metabox on Edit Post/Page was not working.
Version 2.8.4 (02/01/2016)
- Fix – Some of the foreign language date formats were causing problems with expiry date in Smooth Slider post metabox.
Version 2.8.3 (01/05/2016)
- Fix – “Show All” button of slider post meta box was not working.
Version 2.8.2 (11/25/2015)
- New: WPML compatability
- New: Add slide (post/page/CPT) to slider toggle button instead of checkbox
Version 2.8.1 (10/23/2015)
- New – Added touch swipe feature for tocu input on mobile devices
Version 2.8 (10/13/2015)
- New – Slide Expiry Date can be added for each slide in Custom Slider thru Smooth Slider Metabox on Edit Post/Page/Slide
- Fix: UTF-8 characters appeared as question marks for Slider title and Category
Version 2.7.1 (08/21/2015)
- Fix: Notice for WP_Widget constructor call
Version 2.7 (07/18/2015)
- Fix: SQL query fixes and debug notices
Version 2.6.5 (09/19/2014)
- Fix: Conflict with Pointelle Slider
- Fix: Conflict with Logo Slider
- Fix: Small issue with Reposiveness on resizing Smooth Slider with border specified
Version 2.6.4 (09/10/2014)
- Fix: In case of multisite WordPress installation there was an issue while saving setting set.
- Fix: jquery.js was loaded in footer, should be loaded before the slider js (head section)
Version 2.6.3 (08/13/2014)
- Fix: Slider was causing page to hide initially and appear on document ready. Resolved this issue. Now slider is workig perfectly for responsive heights.
Version 2.6.2 (08/12/2014)
- New: RSS Feed Add-on compatibility
- Fix: Slider height not properly set initially for center aligned (large) images slider. Fixed the issue.
Version 2.6.1 (07/30/2014)
- Fix: Smooth Slider coming before content in case of shortcode
- Fix: Words breaking improperly in the slider content area
- Fix: JS conflict with ShareThis plugin
Version 2.6 (07/29/2014)
- New: Image uploader for Sliders on ‘Sliders’ settings panel. No need to add individual media image to Smooth slider.
- New: Add any shortcode like video shortcode or button shortcode to slide which will be overlayed on it.
- New: Rename Slider field on Smooth Slider => Sliders panel
- New: Smooth Slider post meta box now has two tabs named basic and advanced with respective fields for the purpose of easy understanding and saving the space.
- New: On settings panel of Smooth slider now it is possible to expand and collapse tabs which greatly reduces scrolling efforts.
- New: Preview Slider params simplified on Settings panel.
- New: Color picker changed from Farbtastic to “wp-color-picker”.
- Fix: Worked on responsiveness of slider.
- Fix: Settings panel cleanup and restructuring.
- Fix: Solved the debug errors on Sliders panel.
Version 2.5.1 (06/04/2014)
- New: Removed promotional link text ‘smooth slider’ from the slider
- Fix: Edit Media page having double post meta boxes
- Fix: Add to Slider not working for media images
- Fix: CSS changes for video slides and WordPress Video Shortcode
- Fix: On Delete and Reinstall, options are not saved
- Fix: Slider appears only if “Display slider” option is checked in Post Meta box
Version 2.5 (05/30/2014)
- New: Create Multiple Sliders from Sliders Panel
- New: Embed videos or other items using “Embed Shortcode” new field
- New: Show/Hide Image Thumbnail if video inserted in slide
- New: Made 100% Responsive Slider with Fluid Design
- New: Export/Import Settings Set (useful when implementing customized Smooth SLider from dev to live site)
- New: Reset Setting values to Global Derfault
- New: Preview tab to select ‘Recent Post Slider’, Category Slider, Custom Slider to live preview on admin panel
- New: Shortcode and Template Tags to embed the preview slider are shown on settings panel sidebar
- New: Clean and minimal admin panel with almost no advertisement
- New: Easy embed shortcode pop-up on setting changes
- New: Change the color of “Continue Reading” text
- New: Added validations on setting fields
- Fix: Post Meta Box fields not updating
- Fix: Disable Suto Play was not working properly
- Fix: Admin Panel CSS issue
- Fix: Debug notifications
Version 2.4 (09/10/2012)
- New: Smooth Slider now Supports Responsive Design Layout
- New: Shortcode for Category Slider
- New: Template tag and Shortcode for Recent Posts Smooth Slider
- New: Changes to Support Fade and a couple more transitions
- New: Changes to Settings Panel design
- New: Compatible with SliderVilla add-ons
- Fix: Fixed the bug that Smooth Slider slides got jumbled up and Slider looked empty when the Chrome or Safari browser was zoomed in.
- Fix: Now the slider_style Custom Field or Post Meta will not appear for each Post or Page saved. This field was automatically created and displayed under the Custom Fields metabox on Edit Post/Page panel inprevious version of Smooth Slider.
Version 2.3.5 (06/13/2011)
- Fix: An extra div tag at the end of the slider html was causing the slider break on Safari in a particular case. Thanks to Michael Preisner for pointing out the issue.
- Fix: On new pages, posts, the default slider sltysheet should be the one selected thru Smooth Slider settings and not the actual ‘default’ stylesheet.
- Fix: noscript tags should have the text enclosed in ‘p’ tags to make Smooth Slider validate on XHTML strict. Thanks to Martin Wilcke for pointing this out.
- Fix: The shortcode stripping was not working when there was an immediate anchor tag within the shorcodes. Rectified this bug. Thanks to Oscar of Innovacionweb for pointing this issue.
- Fix: Using the WP Minify 1.1.6 plugin with Smooth Slider 126.96.36.199 caused a 400 Bad Request error and the resulting html page ended up with no composite CSS file since Minify failed. This was in a special case when the slider is embedded on single page or a post and you updated from the older version of Smooth Slider (2.3.2 or less) to new version. Added a fix for this. Thanks to Doug Foster of theideamechanics.com for pointing this out.
- New: Option to enable the ‘Flash of Unstyled content’ while page load, which is disable by default. By default the slider will load once complete DOm elements are loaded (html page is ready to be served). Due to this default setting, some users feel that slider is loading slow.
Version 2.3.3 (04/24/2011)
- Fix: Slider was not working on upgrade from older versions to version 2.3.3
Version 2.3.3 (04/16/2011)
- Randomize the slides in Slider
- Translation ready
- Multiple sliders can have different titles
- No script text option
Version 2.3.2 (10/13/2010)
Minor fix to release of version 2.3
1. Fix: Pages added to Smooth Slider were not displayed. Smooth Slider was turning empty. Fixed this issue
2. Along with posts, pages and media images, Smooth Slider now supports Custom Post Types
Version 2.3.1 (10/13/2010)
Minor upgrade to fix small issues with 2.3
- Plugin compltibility will be now from WordPress 2.9 i.e. you should upgrade to Version 2.3 only if you hav WordPress 2.9 and above.
- Fixed: For those using Smooth Slider previous versions, some were facing issue with the loading of stylesheets and script specific to slider. Fixed it.
- Fixed: For some servers content was not pulled from the posts.
Version 2.3 (10/12/2010)
- New – Smooth Slider Widget
- New – Smooth Slider Shortcode
- New – Slides can now be re-ordered thru the ‘Slider Admin Panel’
- New – Images existing and new images added to WordPress Media Gallery can be added to Smooth Slider along with posts and pages.
- New – Now images in the slider can be extracted in very intelligent manner. Added support for ‘Post Thumbnails (WP 2.9+)’.
- New – Videos can be embedded in the slider. Ad can be added to the slider.
- New – Some slides can be linked to a webpage and others can be without a link as well.
- New – Multiple settings to the sliders on different pages thru CSS files.
- Fixed – Scheduled Posts issue
- Fixed – Image Caption Issue
- Fixed – Retain HTML tags issue
- Fixed – Permissions issue (Who can add post/page and slides to the slider and who cannot)
Version 2.2 (12/24/2009)
- New – Multiple Sliders can now be created from the settings page. Post/Pages can be selectively put in the slider of your choice. Also, you could decide which post/page should display which slider (from the Edit Post/Page), though the page/single post template file contains regular Smooth Slider tag only.
- New – Added an option to limit the content on the slider by ‘words’. Previously it was only with number of characters due to which sometimes for some posts the last word on the slider was shown broken. Now you can use any of the two, either limit content by number of characters or number of words
- Fix – Fixed the issue with get_smooth_slider_cat tag. There was a bug when this tag ws used for home page. Now it is working as per the specifications.
- Fix – For using the custom images for navigation, there was an issue with ‘getimagesize’ php function for some servers. Removed this fuction and directly put options to specify the custom images height and width.
- Fix – When the navigation numbers are used, there was some clicking issue, like the numbers needed to be douoble clicked in order to go to that slide number. This issue was observed with some installations of Smooth Slider (like on demo page). Hopefully this would get fixed with this release.
- Fix – Changed the name of the database table from slider to smooth_slider to avoid any database conflicts and be more specific
Version 2.1.2 (11/26/2009)
- New – Added an option to change the transition speed between two slides. Now you can control the speed with which one slide slides off and another slides in.
- New – Added an option to enable the autostepping or autosliding or disable it.
- Fixed – A blank slide appeared on the slider if the post which is in slider is deleted from wp-admin. Fixed the issue, now if the post which is also in slider is deleted, then it will also be removed from the slider, fixing the blank slide issue
- Fixed – The scheduled or draft post placed into the slider will not appear on the actual slider. It will appear only in case when the post is published.
- Fixed – WPMU issue with get_smooth_slider_wpmu_all that the post permalinks direct to a wrong url, that represents the current blog only, though the posts are pulled from other blogs. This issue is fixed in this version of Smooth Slider.
Version 2.1.1 (11/19/2009)
- New – Added an option whether to crop images or not. This was essential after version 2.1 because, some of us use the images from other location than the wordpress installation. In that case timthumb does not operate
Version 2.1 (11/18/2009)
- New – Now the images will not be sqashed to fit the size, rather they would be cropped properly. Used timthumb.Caution: Please use the images stored on the same domain on the slider.
- New – A new custom field slide_redirect_url can now be specified to redirect the slide to anothr URL than the permalink
- Fixed – Admin menu dropdown were getting stuck only on Smooth Slider settings page, fixed that issue
Version 2.0 (10/08/2009)
- New – Now you can add pages to Smooth Slider along with posts
- New – Images Original Size Option
- New – Pick image from content or the custom field
- New – New custom field implementation, to allow not to display images on selective posts
- New – A new template tag to display Category specific posts on Smooth Slider
- New – A new template tag for WPMU, to get slider posts from all over the WPMU site
- New – Option to change “Read More” text and also put it in your language
- New – Permission setting option to restrict the users from adding posts to Smooth Slider
- New – Remove posts and pages from Smooth Slider selectively from the settings page itself
- New – Option to retain specific html tags in the slider posts
- New – Option to specify custom text or html in place of navigation numbers or buttons
- Fix – Fixed issue of Smooth Slider settings page with Internet Explorer
- New – Optimized Smooth Slider code internally
- New – Smooth Slider complete uninstall on plugin Delete
Version 1.2 (09/22/2009)
- New – Slider Preview in Smooth Slider setting page
- New – Facility to set transparent background to the slider
- New – Facility to Convert it to pure Image Slider
- New – Remove all the posts from Smooth Slider in one click
- New – Custom Images in place of navigation numbers
- Fixed – CSS id names and class name fixed, to avoid probable conflicts with theme styles and other plugin styles
Version 1.1 (09/14/2009)
- New – Active Slide in the slideshow will now be highlighted with bolder and bigger navigation number
- Fixed – Issues with WordPress MU Smooth Slider Options update from setting page
Visit the plugin page to see the changelog and release notes.