Smartify your post and page slugs and let them convey the very essence of your content’s titles by removing too short or insignificant stopwords – automatically, that is. Smart Slug comes preloaded with an easily expandable and configurable set of German, Dutch, Russian, Portuguese and English stopwords.
Please visit my Smart WordPress Slug Plugin article to review additional screenshots, grasp implementation details and contribute to a related discussion on how search engines evaluate words in URL fragments.
- Russian translation by Natalya Pastukhova
- Ukrainian translation by Natalya Pastukhova
- Dutch translation by Patricia Ritsema van Eck
- Portuguese translation by Raoni Del Pérsio
- Hindi translation by Outshine Solutions
- Indonesian translation by Syamsul Alam
- Serbian translation by Ogi Djuraskovic
- Smart Slug overrides all manual slug modifications which would violate its rule set, even if you are making them deliberately.
- WordPress appends a unique number to ambigous slugs (e.g. hello-word, hello-world-2 et cetera). Smart Slug may not notice this behaviour when an article is saved for the first time. If this happens you may simply re-save the post to attach a smart slug.
- Serbian translation.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 4.2-alpha.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.8.1-alpha.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.7-alpha.
- Added Indonesian translation
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.6-alpha.
wp_unique_post_slugfilter instead of
editable_slug. Requires WP 3.3.
- Keep numerical slug parts unaltered.
- Fix for multi-byte characters in titles
- Added Hindi translation
- Fixed default english stopwords set.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.4.
- Added Portuguese translation by Raoni Del Pérsio.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 3.1.
- Realignment with market feedback and customer expectations.
- Added Dutch translation.
- Added Russian translation.
- Compatibility check with WordPress 2.9-rare.