Just place the Widget on your sidebar to display links to any posts posted in the current month of the prior year.
Note: If you don’t have any posts posted matching the criteria you selected the widget will not show at all.
Plugin Updated June-28th
- Download and unzip the plugin into your WordPress plugins directory (usually
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in your WordPress Admin.
- Place the widget on your sidebar through the ‘Widgets’ menu in your WordPress Admin.
- What do I do after I activate the Plugin?
Go to the Widgets menu in the WordPress Admin and add the “This Time Last Year” Widget to your Sidebar or Footer Area.
- Why am I not seeing the Widget on my site after I add it to the sidebar?
You might not have any posts posted matching the criteria you selected.
Contributors & Developers
“This Time Last Year Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed a bug that displayed the wrong date for the first post listed.
- Fixed the option to query All Prior Years so that it did not include this year.
- Added option to change where the date is displayed.
- Added option to choose to query All Prior Years or just Last Year.
- Added option to change display format of the date.
- Fixed query to use Month as additional criteria when Day is specified to return only the same day of the same month of the prior year.
- Added support for custom length Excerpts.
- Fixed broken HTML when more than one posts were posted on the same day.
- Removed debug output from start of widget.
- Fixed query to use Month as the default criteria if not specified.
- Added options to change the date matching criteria to: month; week; or day.
- First versions uploaded to WordPress.