This plugin integrates WordPress with your SlideShowPro install adding a shortcode button to posts and pages allowing for easy insertion of slideshows. SlideShowPro Shortcode includes a settings page that allows you to set your default parameters as mapped directly from the SlideShowPro embed interface.
The automatic plugin installer should work for most people however if you would prefer to do a manual install it’s quick and easy:
- Upload ‘slideshowpro-sc.php’ to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to Settings > SlideShowPro SC to configure your setup
- In the visual editor click the new SlideShowPro SC button to generate your shortcode
- Add your SSP album number to the shortcode parameter albumID=””
- Publish your post
- I’ve added the shortcode and album number but there’s no slideshow.
Make sure that you have added the correct URL of your SSP install on the plugin settings page.
- Why are there parameters for width and height in the shortcode as well as in the settings?
The width and height fields in the settings become your defaults. You can override these for individual slideshows in the shortcode.
- Can I still insert the embed code directly from SlideShowPro into a post?
Yes. SlideShowPro SC will not conflict with code manually pasted into the html editor.
Contributors & Developers
“SlideShowPro SC” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- fixed bug in IE
- added parameter “wmode: transparent” to the embed code. This allows menus and other HTML elements to be rendered above the slideshow.
- fixed directory bug that removed the tiny-mce buttons from the wp-editor.