This simple plugin adds a slick HTML (Not XML) sitemap of you site by entering the shortcode [slick-sitemap] in the page content. This simple plugin is configured from the dashboard. Settings include the
utility menu. You can select a menu you created.
The new release enables the user to add multiple sitemaps to their website. instead of specify the menu in through the dashboard, user can specify menus through the short tag attribute. just like:
[slick-sitemap sitemap_menu=’sitemap’ utility_menu=’utility’ column=5].
Plugin author: Pengbo Tang, host of the pengbos.com http://pengbos.com –
CSS Creator: Matt Everson of Astuteo, LLC http://astuteo.com/slickmap –
Follow us on Twitter
- Copy the entire directory from the downloaded zip file into the /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Activate the “Slick Sitemap” plugin in the Plugin Management page.
- Create a navigation menu for the sitemap.
- Configure the Slick sitemap in the coniguration page. Specify the default menu for the map, default utility menu, and default column for the layout.
- Add the shortcode [slick-sitemap] to the post(s) or page(s) of your choice with the default choice performed by the previous step. You can always specify the menu by short tag attribute like:
[slick-sitemap sitemap_menu=’sitemap’ utility_menu=’utility’ column=5] or [slick-sitemap sitemap_menu=’sitemap’ column=6] with the utility menu using the default setting.
Nothing here until now..
This is the best vistal sitemap plugin which I have discovered. But it is too old, it is incompatible with some WP functions like wp_register_style and wp_enqueue_style which may cause some conflicts and problems… I hope will be continued, the concept is very good!
This plugin was updated quite recently before this review, but according to the forum no support issues have been resolved for several years. Although the plugin seems to work well so far, There are errors in the css (easily fixable) which may affect other parts of your site because the styles are not confined to the sitemap. Finally,it looks great on desktop, but I am not sure yet if it is very responsive for smaller screens.
Having said all that, I am going to persist with it because it is potentially a lot more user friendly than the normal “bullet list” sitemap, and I am hoping those minor issues will be resolved soon 🙂
easy to use, very flexible, clean and elegant layout
Contributors & Developers
“Slick Sitemap” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- Released on 03/05/2012
- Initial release of Slick Sitemap plugin.
- Released on 08/08/2015
- Add new feature to support multiple sitemaps for one wordpress site, by using the short tag attributes.
[slick-sitemap sitemap_menu=’sitemap’ utility_menu=’utility’ column=5]