Site Slideshow looks for pictures in all articles and pages, fetches one of them as representative of the post and gathered it into a slideshow widget. Site Slideshow is highly customizible. Klicking on the slide leads you to the post it stems from.
Site Slideshow version 2 is much more general than version 1. It finds not only images from the standard gallery but also from any image-Tag and from the New Generation Gallery if it is represented by the shortcode [nggallery id=…]. Now you can also use Slideshow Gallery plugin concurrently.
Suggestions & Problems
If you have suggestions or problems don’t hesitate to contact me over my blog http://internetdienste-berlin.de or the plugin forum.
Installing the WordPress Site Slideshow plugin simply follow the steps below.
- Load the plugin from wordpress plugin repository
- Extract the package to obtain the `site-slideshow` folder
- Upload the `site-slideshow` folder to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the settings according to your needs through the ‘Slideshow’ menu
- Put the Site Slideshow widget into a sidebar of your choice.
Or instead of 1 until 3 use wordpress’ automatic plugin installation
- Can I display/embed multiple instances of the slideshow gallery?
No, it doesn’t make any sense.
- How do I force some picture to be repesented in the slideshow
Sort the picture in your post such that the picture you want to be represented get the number 1
- Can I exclude certain images from a post in the slideshow?
Yes, you can. Sort the picture and change the number one to any other number
- Which picture will be represented if I don’t sort the post gallery.
The one which is loaded firstly.
Contributors & Developers
“Site Slideshow” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
- 0.9 Stable version but with some minor technical drawbacks which will be overcome in version 1.
- 0.9.5 Heavily improved and simplified version. You can much more control, e.g. random sliding, restrict number of slides and some more.
- 0.9.6 There are now the poossibilities to control width of the slideshow in 2 measures of unit
- 0.9.7 Bug with width-controlling fixed
- 0.9.9 Efficiency improved by using medium-sized pictures
- 1.0.0 German localization with a small gap
- 1.0.1 Fixing a hole in the arrangement of the slides
- 1.0.2 Localization bug fixed, donate button placed on the option page, please use it, some small improvements
- 2.0.0 A big jump to include pictures which are repesented in posts by image-Tags or by the New Generation Gallery shortcode [nggallery id=..]
- 2.0.1 Fixing a small bug in initialization the slideshow the first time
- 2.1.0 Improving of code: total capsulation, now you can use the plugins Slideshow Gallery and such which are deviating from it.
A bug with resp to the number of slides are fixed.
- 2.1.1 Fixing minor bugs
- 2.2.0 Serious bug in context of encapsulation a fixed. Sometimes it caused error messages during image uploading
- 2.3.0 A bug wasting memory is fixed