Site Secrets is a simple plugin to keep your WordPress site private. When active, it will redirect all unauthenticated users to the login screen.
By default, Site Secrets requires that the user has been added to the site. You can broaden the permissions model to any logged-in users with the following snippet:
add_filter( 'site_secrets_requires_membership', '__return_false' );
We’re happy to receive feedback, questions, feature suggestions, and pull requests
The easiest way to install this plugin is to go to Add New in the Plugins section of your blog admin and search for “Site Secrets.” On the far right side of the search results, click “Install.”
Activating the plugin will make your site private.
If the automatic process above fails, follow these simple steps to do a manual install:
- Extract the contents of the zip file into your
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Enjoy the merits of a secret site!
Feel free to ask a question in the forums!
Contributors & Developers
“Site Secrets” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
0.2.0 (Dec. 29, 2016)
- Requires authentication for REST API requests.
0.1 (Feb. 26, 2014)
- Initial release with basic ability to make a WordPress site private.