Save page and post notes in the editor or while logged in, add notes from the front end using the integrated notes button found in the admin bar.
- Make page and post notes from both the front or back end (while logged in)
- Front end: Lock the note box open or closed on a per page basis so you can select which pages or posts show your notes automatically
- Front end: Movable note boxes
- Front end: Notes are saved using Ajax which means no refresh when you click save
- Front end: The positon of the note box saves automatically once you have finished moving it to your desired location (per page basis).
- Front end: The note box is resizable, the dimentions are saved after each resize
- Front end: Save status appears after every save action so you know when your notes, size and position are being saved
- Dashboard: Dashboard widget that will display all page/post notes with links to each page
- Record user who made note (Pro version)
- Create multiple notes/annotations on a single page for logged in users by role (Pro version)
- Assign users to notes (users receive notification of new notes) (Pro version)
- Make comments on notes (Pro version)
- Upload contents to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Plugin works upon activation, you will now see a notes box in posts and pages.
Q: How do you add a note to the dashboard?
A: Move your mouse to the right side of the “Dashboard Notes” widget title, you should see the word configure appear. Click configure to add or edit your dashboard note.
Q: How do you move the note box in the admin bar?
A: Move your mouse over the bottom of the note box with the darker background, then click and drag to desired position.
Contributors & Developers
“Site Notes” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Refactored code
- Cleaned up styling
- Removed all 3rd party libraries (jQuery, FontAwesome)
- Fixed bugs
- NEW: Added a checkbox to the “Saved Page/Post Notes” dashboard widget to toggle the Notes on the front end admin bar (https://wordpress.org/support/topic/hide-notes-from-admin-bar-in-front-end/)
- Tweak: The links in the “Saved Page/Post Notes” dashboard widget now opens in new tab
- Fixed: jQuery UI is now pulled in through HTTPS instead of HTTP to support sites using SSL
- Fixed: Added post notes to the dashboard note list, previously it was only showing page notes
- Tweak: Dashboard notes will now save as individual notes that can be removed on an individual basis
- Tweak: Hid front end notes button when not on pages or posts
- Fixed Undefined variable PHP errors
- Fixed: Moved a required file call outside of a function which has been causing some issues with the lock and save functionality
- Added auto height functionality to the note box textarea
- NEW: Added dashboard widget to display all saved page/post notes
- Minor CSS styling update to fix line hight of text in note box
- Fixed CSS on toggle button to keep the height within the admin bar
- Position and size of note box in front end automatically save on change
- Notes, note box size and note box postion saved using ajax
- Added status bar to show what has been saved
- Minor CSS changes for better theme support
- Added Lock option to admin bar note box that will force the notes to remain visible on a per page basis
- Made note box draggable and expandable
- Fixed CSS/JS file path
- Initial release