The Single Post Template plugin adds the ability for your theme to include “Post Templates” in much the same way you can add “Page Templates”, allowing you to choose (via a simple dropdown) which post template you want to use, on a per-post basis.
All you need to do, after installing and activating the plugin, is create one or more “Post Templates” in your theme’s folder, and when creating or editing a post, choose the post template that you would like to use. If no post template is selected, the default template will be used.
- Minor update
- Copied methodology of WordPress get_page_templates() function
- Added 2.9 compatibility
- Ensured 2.8 backward compatibility
- Compatibility with up to WordPress 3.6
- Build a class for better namespacing and to avoid conflicts with Genesis
- Fix admin bug
- Fix bugs, feel sorry for myself
- Fix another bug, loathe myself
- Fix issue with default template not loading
- How do I create new Post Templates?
Please see the Installation -> Usage section for details on how to create new Post Templates.
- How do I use the Post Templates I created?
Please see the Installation -> Usage section for details on how to use Post Templates.
- Can I include this plugin in my theme for distribution?
Yes. Source credits for the plugin should remain intact, per GPL requirements.
- How do I include this plugin in my theme for distribution?
If you don’t know how to do this, you will need to contact me for instructions. I do charge a consulting fee for this service.
- I have a question that wasn’t covered in the FAQ. Can I contact you?
Because I try to offer personal email support, I do ask that you compensate me for the time I spend helping you. This can run anywhere from $10 for simple support, up to $125 for more complex issues or use cases.
Bug reports are, of course, appreciated and cost you nothing. I will try to make sure bugs are fixed ASAP.
Thanks author! this plugin is useful.
Great, thank you!
- Initial Release
- Changed some function and variable names for consistency
- Ensured WordPress 2.8+ compatibility
- Fixed a bug that presents when you include the plugin in your WordPress theme’s folder