This plugin allows you to filter your categorys and assign them to single pages (static pages). You also can add a description or any other text before you display the posts of the choosen category. For a step by step (und eine Deutsche Anleitung) tutorial, visit http://www.finbey.de/wp/plugins/single_categories . If you like this plugin, please rate it :) If any bugs appear: - Write a Support ticket - Send me a mail to "firstname.lastname@example.org" See the FAQ for frequently asked questions
Copyright 2012-2013 by Florian Rückert
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
Please Visit http://www.finbey.de/wp/plugins/single_categories for a step by step tutorial (Deutsche Anleitung enthalten)
1. Install Plugin 2. Add [category_id=x] to the page you want to show your post of a category (x is the category id you want to display. For example: [category_id=3]). 2.1 Add [category_posts=2] if you only want to show 2 posts. If you want to display ten posts from cat_id 1, it should look like this: [category_id=1][category_posts=10]. 2.2 See FAQ for "Howto find category id" 3. Thats it.
- Why is it untranslated?
WordPress 4 and above
1. Open Settings -> General in your WordPress backend. 2. Scroll down to "Site Language" 3. Set your prefered language. 4. Now Single Categories should work fine. WordPress Versions under 4.0 When you don't set you language in you wp-config.php file, the plugin don't know what to translate.
- How can I manually set my language in wp-config.php (WordPress < 4.0)
Goto your WordPress directory
2. Open the wp-config.php file
3. Search the string “WPLANG”
ther is a line with that “define (‘WPLANG’, ”);”
4. Set your language iso between the 2nd inverted comma.
e.g: 'de_DE' for german 'en_EN' for english 'es_ES' for Spain 'fr_FR' for french so when you edited it (to english), it should looks like that: define ('WPLANG', 'en_EN');
- What if my language isn’t supported?
If your language is not supported, you can translate it by your own ðŸ™‚
You can move to my plugin site, and download the Main file.
When you work like in the description, and translate this few word, upload it to my site and in the next update this language is supported to. (Your WP can support it as far you are finished - follow the description :-D ) PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE LANGUAGE STRINGS IN CODE! IF YOU DO SO AND UPDATE ALL YOUR WORK GETS LOST
- How do I translate for my own?
To translate by your own, you need a programm like pedit(http://www.poedit.net/)
When you installed poedit, you can download a blank translation file from
then thera are just a few steps to go. 1. start poedit 2. File > new catalogue from pot file 3. Change (left on bottom) the filetype from GNU-GETTEXT... -> to All filetypes 4. Choose the downloaded file 5. Fill out the fields like translator and email. 6. Fill out language with your lang code (like en_EN) (2nd have to be uppercase) 7. Don't fill out plural.. 8. Press OK 9. Select a place to save the file an rename it to "finbey_singlecat-eg_EG.po" (eg_eg is a placeholder for your language) 10. Klick on the english words, and on bottom is the translation box. 11. Fill in the correct translation (for the plugin) and click on the next one 12. If you're finish, upload your .po file, to http://www.finbey.de/wp/plugins/single_categories/upload.php 13. I'll add it to the plugin. ATTENTION: if you upload the correct tranlation, you'll get an description, how to manually add your tranlation (so you can use it)
- I can’t see an numeric Category id on my site
If its like you can’t see some category id in links, you got 2 options
1. Change the permalinks settings - Go to (in you backend or also called wp-admin) to settings - then permalinks (may write other in your language don't know)(in left sidebar ) - choose an option like "http://www.site.com?p=123" 2. Get id from categories itself An other Method, is that you go to Posts, categories and hover over the category names, there should be displayed an url onb bottom of your browser. The category id is the tag_ID so if tag_ID=3 is displayed in the link, the category id is 3.
- What should I do if I’ll find a bug or an error?
Open the support form on the plugin site, or write me a mail.
The plugin site and my mail adress are written in the description.
- I want to display more than 5 Posts in one of my Pages, what to do?
After inserted [category_id=x] you can additional add [category_posts=x] for how much posts it should display.
i.e if you write [category_id=1][category_posts=123] it displays 123 Posts of the category 1.
Fix your plugin, sir – or remove it from WordPress’ repository.
doesnt work and the link to the instructions is also not working, so i have no clue what to do, even the read-me page does not work
I followed the instructions, I got a blank page with EVERY blog post below…
Das Plugin ist genau das, was ich die ganze zeit gesucht habe.
Dass es, wie in der beschreibung steht, noch nicht ganz fertig ist, merkt man garnicht, da der macher sich wohl auf die Englische Ãœbersetzung bezieht.
Die installation und Nutzung ist einfach. Einfach das machen, was unter “installation” steht und schwupps, perfekt.
Das ist das was ich gesucht habe! Danke!
p.s habe mich extra registriert um diese Rezension zu schreiben, dass war es wert!
Contributors & Developers
“Single Categories” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
* Added support for WordPress 4.0 * Checked for compatibility * Changed FAQ for WordPress 4.0 language settings
* Added support for WP 3.8 * Included Post limiter
* Add Support for WP 3.5
* Add faq entrys * Fix bug (Read more always there)
* Fix author link bug
* Add special funcs
* Add default language translation package
* Make stable * Fixed language bugs * Changed FAQ
* Fix translation bug * Add FAQ
* Add multilinguality * Add english
* Change/Add descriptions
* Add "More feature" (Plugin support more link) * Test on Older WP (req. 3.0 or later)
* Remove Hard Coded Filter * Add Tag [category_id=x] to filter * Filter performance * Add feature to show text before category output
* Add html to display like WP
* Display comments * Add WP structur
* Show content * Validate links * Get linkdata from WP
* Add filter for categorys on pages * Show headlines * make klickable
* Add hard-coded category-filter
* Created plugin