Bring the power of Microsoft’s visually rich Silverlight technology to your WordPress site today! Simply Silverlight makes deploying Silverlight .xap files to your WordPress blog’s posts and pages incredibly easy and intuitive. With its sensible default configuration, you’ll be up-and-running with Silverlight in no time at all.
- Easy-to-use administration menu makes configuration a snap.
- Outputs correct HTML markup for Silverlight versions 3, 4 and 5.
- Easily customize the HTML OBJECT (Width, Height and Background) and DIV (Float, Display and Style) tags.
- Supports Silverlight-specific attributes: autoupgrade, onerror and initparams.
- Protect Silverlight applications from being downloaded by unauthorized users.
- Familiar WordPress shortcode can override any global setting for a given instance.
- Translation-ready (i18n) . Portable Object Template (.POT) file included.
Say thanks and encourage future development by making a donation. Thanks a lot!
- Install automatically through the
Add Newmenu in WordPress, or upload the
simply-silverlightfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the
Pluginsmenu in WordPress. Look for the
Simply Silverlightlink to configure the settings.
- Add the shortcode
[simply-silverlight xap=filename.xap]to any post or page.
- Updates are automatic. Click on “Upgrade Automatically” if prompted from the admin menu. If you ever have to manually upgrade, simply deactivate, uninstall, and repeat the installation steps with the new version.
- Is this plugin available in other languages?
Not yet. Currently it’s only available in English. However, the plugin is ready to be translated. It includes the Portable Object Template (.POT) file needed to make translations. If you would like to translate the plugin into another language, please do so. You may send the translation files to email@example.com and I’ll include them in the next release. Thank you for your assistance.
Contributors & Developers
“Simply Silverlight” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- FIXED: Silverlight applications won’t display when used with Secure Path on some web hosts.
- FIXED: Settings page displays empty fields on some web hosts.
- FIXED: Clarified error messages with Secure Path access.
- ADDED: Ability to restore default Secure Path without changing other settings.
- ADDED: Ability to restrict access to Silverlight apps authorized users only.
- ADDED: Silverlight 5 version number included in global settings.
- (18 Sep 2011) Initial Release