A widget that simply gives you related posts by taxonomy. It provides four
settings to customize every widget and there are no global settings to worry
- The title of the widget (default: Related Posts)
- The taxonomy by which terms the posts are related (default: Tags)
- How many related posts to show (default 5)
- excludet terms
The widget is visible only when
is_single() is true, it doesn’t shows up on
archives, search templates etc.
Thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic from http://www.webhostinghub.com for the Serbian translation!
You are wellcome to ask questions directly to me in the Simply-Related-Posts-section
on my blog http://www.danielauener.com/simply-related-posts/
There is even a github-repository on: http://github.com/danielauener/wp-simply-related-posts
Q. How to add thumbnail images to the related posts list
A. You can add the ‘simply_related_posts_title’ filter, like
add_filter( ‘simply_related_posts_title’, ‘my_related_posts’, 10, 2);
The first argument is a post-object for the related post, the second argument
is the widget instance.
- Version 1.0 done
- fixing post-count bug
- making it work for custom post types. Thanks to David Gil (github.com/dgilperez)
- applying a filter to all related post titles, to render thumbnails and other stuff