A widget that simply gives you related posts by taxonomy. It provides four
settings to customize every widget and there are no global settings to worry
- The title of the widget (default: Related Posts)
- The taxonomy by which terms the posts are related (default: Tags)
- How many related posts to show (default 5)
- excludet terms
The widget is visible only when
is_single() is true, it doesn’t shows up on
archives, search templates etc.
Thanks to Borisa Djuraskovic from http://www.webhostinghub.com for the Serbian translation!
- Upload the
simply-related-postsfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Go to the ‘Apearance/Widgets’ area, add the ‘Simply Related Posts’ widget to
a widget area.
- Make your settings
You are wellcome to ask questions directly to me in the Simply-Related-Posts-section
on my blog http://www.danielauener.com/simply-related-posts/
There is even a github-repository on: http://github.com/danielauener/wp-simply-related-posts
Q. How to add thumbnail images to the related posts list
A. You can add the ‘simply_related_posts_title’ filter, like
add_filter( ‘simply_related_posts_title’, ‘my_related_posts’, 10, 2);
The first argument is a post-object for the related post, the second argument
is the widget instance.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simply Related Posts” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simply Related Posts” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- Version 1.0 done
- fixing post-count bug
- making it work for custom post types. Thanks to David Gil (github.com/dgilperez)
- applying a filter to all related post titles, to render thumbnails and other stuff