“Simplest Gallery Plugin” is the simplest way to integrate WordPress’ builtin Photo Galleries into your pages with nice visual effects.
WordPress has got a builtin Gallery functionality which is great and lets you create, organize and place images galleries in your pages and posts with great ease.
If your theme doesn’t render the galleries properly, this little plugin adds a flavor of magic by rendering them with a fancybox jQuery effect at no effort.
Just install, activate and experience the wonder of your WordPress galleries.
More gallery styles can be added later with additional plugins, and you can create your own. See http://www.simplestgallery.com for this.
- Demo page for FancyBox (default) style
- Demo page for LightView Responsive style
- Demo page for ImageFlow style
- Demo page for jQuery Cycle Slideshow style
- Includes the free Lightbox FancyBox 1.3.4 for the default, builtin gallery style (see http://fancybox.net, Licensed under both MIT and GPL licenses)
Been using it for a while, and now Ive gotten fast responses on my suggestions. Really simple and nice solution to galleries.
Lightbox popup seemed to work initially and then stopped suddenly.
Tried switching "Compatibility" settings as suggested but still wouldn't work again. 🙁
Gave up in the end. Its a shame because its a very simple, basic and clean plugin otherwise.
- 4.3 2016-06-29 Added Custom CSS settings box which replaces fbg-override.css. New style ID to labels pretext. Fixed notices issues in debug mode.
- 4.2 2016-06-28 Simplified on-page settings widget (use shortcode params). Checked compat with WP 453. Added translations for French – Thanks Laurent Jaunaux
- 4.1 2016-04-24 Improved shortcode support for custom atttributes
- 4.0 2016-04-17 Tested on 4.5. Refactored code, lightbox gallery rendering code is now included as a separate module while the main file does the gallery management job
Supports the new do_shortcode WP function so, to include a gallery on the hompage just use PHP code like: do_shortcode(‘[gallery type=”imageflow” ids=”4,5,6,9″]’);
- 3.6 2014-08-20 Tested on 4.3. Added ALT attribute to gallery images, plus special chars in ALT and TITLE are now correctly escaped
- 3.5 2014-12-21 Tested on 4.1. Added translation file for Portuguese – thanks Luis Osorio – www.seofreelancer.pt/consultoria-seo
- 3.4 2014-09-04 Tested on WordPress 4.0. Updated and extended translation file for Serbian. Fixes for jquery-migrate.
Fixes to replace also the default WP jquery-migrate code in case the user chooses to use Simplest Gallery’s bundled one
Fixes to allow better language support (new strings added, English .po template file added, IT translation updated)
- 3.2 2014-08-12 Fixed problem in Lightbox WITH/WITHOUT labels. Now you see labels or you don’t according to the chosen style
Bundled all necessary jquery scripts with the plugin (no more loading from CDN) for offline use
- 3.1 2014-05-28 Added translations file for Serbian – thanks Ogi Djuraskovic – firstsiteguide.com
- 3.0 2014-04-05 Small fix for Admin Bar display
- 2.9 2014-04-05 Replaced Fancybox library with to FancyBox 1.3.4 (www.fancybox.net) which is Licensed under both MIT and GPL licenses
- 2.8 2013-11-04 Fix for language support – Fix for admin bar disappearence problem (Thanks Mike Hegy)
- 2.7 2013-10-27 Fixed and tested for WP 3.7 – Added support for user-set columns – Fixed notices with WP_DEBUG set
- 2.6 2013-10-15 Improved support towards earlier versions of jQuery via the migration jQuery plugin
- 2.5 2013-09-18 Improved support for addon styles (added $gallery_id parameter for rendering function API syntax). Support & fix for jQuery 1.10.2 (Thanks Ian Byrne)
- 2.4 2013-09-12 Added settings box in page/post edit screen for selecting the desired gallery type and more settings.
Support for multiple galleries in the same page/post.
Extended the SimplestGallery API to support rendering of more than one gallery per page (gallery_id and post_id parameters)
Auto-setup for fresh WP installs (uses jQuery bundled with Simplest Gallery)
- 2.3 2013-08-28 Optimized code for speed. Bug fix: Plugin did not work for WP gallery setting different from Link to: Attachment Page – now fixed.
- 2.2 2013-08-28 Bug fix in fbg-init.js. Added setting to force WP to use the correct version of jQuery – fixed compatibility issues with WP 3.6
- 2.1 2013-07-21 Added folders to the distribution (language support and more stuff)
- 2.0 2013-07-21 Replaced included fancybox library to FancyBox 2.1.5 by Janis Skarnelis – www.fancyapps.com/fancybox/ in order to fix IE10 compatibility issues for default gallery style
- 1.3 2013-04-29 Added API support for external modules: More gallery formats can now be easily added with custom made plugins.
Added support for gallery_type custom field for using different gallery types on different posts/pages
- 1.2 2013-04-16 Added possibility to select from a list of gallery types (for the moment: with/without labels). Added multi-language support.
- 1.1 2013-04-01 Replaced standard Lightbox with Lightbox 1.2.1 by Janis Skarnelis available under MIT License http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIT_License
- 1.0 2013-03-28 First working version