Easily embed video within your posts. Adds a widget to the posting screen that enables you to post videos by simply providing the URL to the video hosted on common video sharing websites.
- Within the WordPress Administration Control Panel, expand the Posts tab and then select Add New.
- Create a title for your post and add a description within the post field.
- Paste the URL to the video you wish to embed within the Video URL field.
- Enter the Width and Height parameters for your video within the fields provided (optional).
- Click Update Post to save your options.
- Once the page reloads, a full preview of your embedded video should be displayed.
- How do I post a video?
Go to the posting screen and add the URL of the video.
- What about sites that are not supported?
Just paste the embed code into the embed code form.
- How can I make YouTube videos autoplay?
Append “&autoplay=1” to your video URL.
- Fixed PHP error when flashvars for JW media player are not set.
- Fixed flashvars for JW media player.
- Changed to use WordPress’s built in oEmbed API to generate embed codes.
- PHP5 is no longer required.
- Fix for transparency issues.
- Admin notice if you are using PHP4.
- Updated JW Player code so that the ID on the videoContainer div does not conflict if there are multiple players on the page.
- Added a p75HasVideo(post_id) function that checks to see if a given post has a video.
- XMLRPC identification
- Autoplay support for YouTube.
- An easy to use API for adding support for new video sharing sites. See
- An options page setting many default values including width and height of the player.
- Support for specifying a flashvars string for JW media player.
Contributors & Developers
Simple Video Embedder is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.