This widget lets you display your latest tweets on your blog. Various configuration options are available.
- No need to enter your Twitter password
- Simple but reliable caching, so your website won’t slow down
- Various options such as clickable URLs and usernames, date format etc.
- Supports multiple instances at the same time
- Fully compatible with widget-ready themes
- What could be the reason if the widget doesn’t work?
The code has been extensively tested and most issues can be resolved by trying the following:
- make sure your server / WordPress can connect to Twitter
- check if your WordPress upload directory is writable. This is where the widget tries to store the cache file
- try other public Twitter feeds
- temporarily set the caching interval to a low value like 10 and see if it makes a difference.
Also keep in mind it will only work with public Twitter feeds, not private ones.
- Clickable hashtags (thanks Tyler Longren)
- Added new option to HTML-encode special characters like ampersands (requested)
- Bugfix for multiple feeds
- URL detection should be more reliable now
- Fix for potential problem with feed update interval
- Tested with WordPress 3.0
- Initial release.