Simple Social Icons is an easy to use, customizable way to display icons that link visitors to your various social profiles. With it, you can easily choose which profiles to link to, customize the color and size of your icons, as well as align them to the left, center, or right, all from the widget form (no settings page necessary!).
*Note: The simple_social_default_glyphs filter has been deprecated from this plugin.
- Upload the entire simple-social-icons folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- In your Widgets menu, simply drag the widget labeled “Simple Social Icons” into a widget area.
- Configure the widget by choosing a title, icon size and color, and the URLs to your various social profiles.
- Can I reorder the icons?
Yes, icons can be reordered with the use of a filter. See: https://github.com/copyblogger/simple-social-icons/wiki/Reorder-icons-in-version-2.0
- Can I add an icon?
Yes, icons can be added with the use of a filter. See: https://github.com/copyblogger/simple-social-icons/wiki/Add-an-additional-icon-in-version-2.0
- Which services are included?
NOTE – The rights to each pictogram in the social extension are either trademarked or copyrighted by the respective company.
Easy to use, also for clients
social icons do not appear within the borders of the content sidebar, but they appear outside the “viewable” part of the website.
I am using genesis framework with simply pro theme.
Is not possible to change color of the icon, is black…
With the current version of WP and the Plugin, the Icons are messed up.
I have been trying to follow the instructions to add a ‘houzz’ icon to the plugin.
I believe I have got the code correct:
‘houzz’ => array(
‘label’ => __( ‘Houzz URI’, ‘simple-social-icons’ ),
‘pattern’ => ‘<li class=”ssi-houzz”><svg role=”img” class=”social-houzz-svg” aria-labelledby=”social-houzz”><title id=”social-houzz”>’ . __( ‘Houzz’, ‘simple-social-icons’ ) . ‘</title><use xlink:href=”‘ . esc_url( plugin_dir_url(__FILE__) . ‘symbol-defs.svg#social-houzz’ ) . ‘”></use></svg>
I have also added a ‘houzz.svg’ file to the folder via filezilla but on the website the icon is not shown, just a blank space but still with the link there.
Any idea where I might be going wrong?
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Social Icons” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Fixed typo in Snapchat icon markup
- Made CSS selectors more specific
- Added classes to each icon
- Added plugin version to enqueued CSS
- Updated Google + icon
- Added Behance, Medium, Periscope, Phone, Snapchat, and Xing icons
- Switched to svg, rather than icon font
- Accessibility improvements: change icon color on focus as well as on hover, add text description for assistive technologies
- Add textdomain loader
- Prevent ModSecurity blocking fonts from loading
- Update enqueue version for stylesheet, for cache busting
- Update textdomain, generate POT
- PHP7 compatibility
- Added border options
- Added Bloglovin icon
- Added filters
- Updated LICENSE.txt file to include social extension
- Updated version in enqueue script function
- Added Tumblr icon
- More specific in the CSS to avoid conflicts
- Made color and background color more specific in the CSS to avoid conflicts
- Switched to icon fonts, rather than images
- Added Instagram icon
- Added YouTube icon
- Added bottom margin to icons
- Fixed CSS conflict in some themes
- Added new profile options
- Changed default border radius to 3px
- Fixed some styling issues
- Initial Beta Release