The function of this plugin is to easily create text boxes which automatically select everything inside with one click.
It’s useful for song lyrics, directions, small bits of code, etc.
In a post or page use the shortcode
[textbox rows="3"]Contents of textbox[/textbox] to create a textbox.
- Upload the whole
simple-select-all-textboxfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the Plugins menu in WordPress.
- In a post or page use the shortcode
[textbox rows="3"]Contents of textbox[/textbox]to create a textbox.
- To create a textbox in a post or a page use the shortcode:
[textbox rows="3"]Contents of textbox[/textbox]You can change the amount of rows to your liking, or omit that option to let you site’s stylesheet decide the height.
This plugin works great. Very useful for adding text that’s intended to be copied easily like addresses, phone numbers, etc.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Select All Text Box” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- 1.0, it begins.
- 2.0, fixed bug which prevented multiple textboxes on one page.
- 2.1, fixed bug which showed html markup in textbox.
- 2.2, fixed some bugs and added ability to use nested shortcodes. Added class ‘select_all_textbox” for styling.
- 2.3, fixed problem with multiple textboxes in one post not working correctly. Also streamlined the code a bit.
- 3.0, plugin overhaul. Removed options page, now all options are accesible from the shortcode itself. Text box content is protected now (reverts back to original content when changed). Displaying code is possible now within the textbox. Added ability to add custom classes to the textbox.
- 3.1, execute shortcodes within textbox
- 3.2, Update tested WordPress version and fix insructions link.