Provides a simple sidebar widget for showing your most viewed content in posts and pages. You can limit the number of posts or pages to show, and exclude specific posts or pages via a comma separate list of their IDs. You can also reset the statistics at any time.
Upgrade to the full version of our Simple Intranet plugin at http://www.simpleintranet.org and get these features;
- restricted access options for entire site or post/pages
- branded login and admin panels
- Facebook-like real-time activity feed for employee communication
- the ability to upload images to feed
- an upcoming events calendar/listing
- extended employee profile fields
- a searchable employee directory with photos
- out of office notifications and widget
- upload forms and directory function for posts/pages
- form editor and administration for HR with downloads on the backend
NOTE: To upgrade you will need to deactivate and delete this plugin from your server. Don’t worry, your post/page view data will however be saved and accessible in your the full version of the Simple Intranet plugin.
Thank you for downloading our Simple Popular Content plugin. Here is a quick primer on the installation and setup for installing our plugin-in.
Download and unzip the plugin and copy/extract the “simple-popular-content” folder and all of its child files to the “wp-content/plugins” directory of your WordPress.org installation.
You will then need to activate the Simple Popular Content plugin in the “Plugins” area of the Dashboard.
Visit “Appearance / Widgets” menu in your Dashboard and drag the “Most Popular Content” widget to your sidebar or another widget area in the right column.
You can change the title to what you want, which will overwrite the default “Most Popular Content” title. You can change the number of posts/pages default value from 10 to whatever you want. You can include a comma separated list of post or page IDs which you would like to exclude from displaying in the widget.
View these and more options at the “Simple Intranet” menu item in your Dashboard or visit http://www.simpleintranet.org.
- How can I find the ID of a page or post?
You can find a post or page’s ID number by going to the main listing of posts or pages, and hovering over the title. You will see a link with a value of the ID in it such as “post=154”.
- I checked the box to reset my statistics but it is not working, why?
You need to check the box and ensure that you click “Save” to remove the statistics (reset to 0). You then have to uncheck the box and click “Save” again to restart collecting view data.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Popular Content” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?