If you are looking for an effective, reliable, yet simple to use photo gallery plugin, then you will love this one!
Setting up your gallery literally takes a couple of minutes using the intuitive and simple user interface and settings of this plugin.
Below is a list of the features offered in this photo gallery plugin:
Easy gallery creation
- Upload your photos using the native WordPress uploader.
- Add as many images as you want to your photo gallery
- Edit the images and other image properties (example: name, alt text etc).
- Exclude/include photos which are part of a gallery.
- Automatic creation of stylish front end gallery pages.
- Ability to sort your gallery images.
- Flexible gallery shortcodes which you can apply to any post or page to insert your gallery.
- Ability to add any text of your choice for watermarking.
- Ability to set the watermarking text opacity, font size and placement.
- Specify the watermarked image size which your visitors will see.
Masonry Style Photo Gallery
- You can create photo galleries using the masonry style (it works by placing elements in optimal position based on available vertical space)
Gallery Thumbnail Templates
- Choose between various thumbnail templates for your galleries such as a stylish rectangular frame or thumbnails which depict the true landscape/portrait nature of your photos.
- The plugin allows you to apply pagination to your gallery thumbnail display. This is useful for people who have a large number of photos per gallery.
- Ability to use lightbox effect on your gallery images.
- Ability to create image slider using your gallery images.
- Option to show an image carousel below the slider. A row of image thumbnails below the slider.
- Ability to create photo albums with your galleries. If you have lots of galleries then you can categorize them by creating albums.
- If you have a question or problem with the Simple Photo Gallery plugin, post it on the support section and we will try to help you.
- Simple Photo Gallery plugin can be translated to any language.
Visit the WordPress Photo Gallery Plugin page for detailed usage instruction.
Go to the Gallery menu under ‘Photo Gallery’ and start creating your photo galleries.
When you create a new gallery and upload images for the gallery, the plugin will automatically create a page to show the images.
Showing a Image Slider
To display a particular gallery or several galleries using a slider you simply need to use the following shortcode:
The “id” parameter represents the gallery ID. You can specify a single gallery or several gallery IDs separated by commas as shown in the example above.
To install the photo gallery plugin, do the following:
- Upload the ‘simple-photo-gallery.zip’ file from the Plugins -> Add New page in the WordPress administration panel.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Can I create lots of galleries using my photos?
- Can I display my galleries using a slider?
- Can I create masonry style photo gallery with this plugin?
- Can I create photo albums with this plugin?
Impossible to sort images in the gallery the way I want (manually) Must be either by ID or date.
Why does this plugin takes up my photos and change their scale on its own? Why I am not prompted for any choice to go ahead with it. Poor interface and design overall. Makes it real PIA to get working. Yes, I eventually got it to working state but effort was simply not worth it.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Photo Gallery” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed XSS vulnerabilities. Thanks to Oliveira Lima Jr for pointing it out.
- Added wpdb prepare statements to protect against possible SQL injection.
- Added an Album preview page link in the edit album interface.
- Fixed a bug with the album editing (galleries couldn’t be removed from an album).
- WordPress 4.2 compatibility
- Fixed a bug which occurs on the photo details page when someone is not using a watermark.
- Added more robustness to the default page creation process at activation time.
- Added more watermark placement options in the gallery settings.
- Fixed gallery thumbnail sorting bug.
- Fixed duplicate image display in gallery lightbox when using template 1.
- Improved theme compatibility with the masonry gallery.
- Increased the z-index value for the lightbox gallery image popups.
- Added code to ensure that a temp upload directory situation doesn’t occur when creating a new gallery and uploading images at the same time.
- Added some improvements to the code related to saving of new gallery.
- Added stripslashes to the gallery names.
- Added Serbo-Croatian language translation to the plguin. The translation was submitted by Borisa Djuraskovic (http://www.webhostinghub.com/).
- Added a new feature in the advanced settings tab to allow user roles such ad “Editor”, “Author” or “Contributor” to be able to view the admin dashboard of this plugin.
- Added dutch language translation to the plguin. The translation was submitted by Art Nagy.
- Added a new feature in the photo gallery slider to show the image thumbnails below the slider. Allows you to create a Galleriffic style gallery.
- Minor readme.txt file formatting fix.
- Fixed up language translation related code.
- Added debug logs for cases when photo details page cannot be found.
- New feature: Added ability to create albums
- Removed the hardcoded page slug constraints by tweaking code and adding settings for the home gallery/album pages
- Added a preview link in the gallery settings page which shows the front end page for the applicable gallery
- Fixed bug: All photo meta data was not being saved correctly when a new gallery was created.
- Added a new masonry style gallery template for photo galleries. Select template 3 when creating galleries to use this new masonry style template.
- Added gallery home page sorting capability. This setting will allow the administrator to set the order in which galleries are displayed on the gallery home page.
- Fixed shortcode logic to now display page and shortcode content properly.
- Added a new feature which will allow the display of gallery images via a responsive slider. You can create a photo gallery slider easily now.
- Fixed a bug where galleries using template 2 did not display the photo-details page correctly.
- Added new option which will allow the previewing of photos either via a details page or a lightbox effect.
- Fixed bug when saving existing images to a new gallery
- First commit to the WP repository.