Adds a lead generation bar to the top or bottom of your pdf documents by creating a new post type suited for this purpose. Include text and buttons specific to each individual PDF-document in order to guide traffic from your PDF files.
To display PDF files in the browser, the user must of course have a PDF reader installed (e.g. Adobe Reader). Mobile users will load PDFs in their native PDF readers by default.
This plugin is sponsored by Adapt A/S
simple-pdf-bar-folder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Upload PDFs and configure the bar by clicking the
Simple PDF barlink in the admin menu
- Is there a fallback for users with no PDF reader installed?
Yes, such users will be provided with a direct download link to the PDF file.
- Why do I get a ‘page not found’ error when trying to view PDF?
You probably need to update the permalink structure.
Go to Settings —> Permalinks and click the ‘Save changes’ button to update permalink structure.
- Why is my PDF not loading?
It might be because you’ve tried to upload a file that’s too big. Check upload_max_filesize in your php.ini file.
- In which browsers have the plugin been tested?
Tested in IE11, IE10, IE9, Firefox, Safari, Chrome (with Adobe Reader installed)
- Can I overwrite the PDF Bar CSS if needed?
Yes, you can do this directly from your own theme’s css.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple PDF bar” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Simple PDF bar” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- PDF-Bar admin page layout updated
- Safari load problem fixed
- Double scrollbar removed
- First published version.