Create a maintenance mode page and block all non-logged in users from accessing your site while you work on it.
What you get when you use the Simple WordPress Maintenance Mode plugin
- Add your logo for branding you on you maintenance mode page
- Customize the maintenance mode message
- Choose message color for your maintenance mode page
- Login to work on your site while in maintenance mode
- Toggle the maintenance mode on and off with a simple checkbox
- Use the maintenance mode page as a coming soon page
Additional Features in the full Advanced version
- Optimized for search engines
- Countdown timer to notify your visitors when you will be back online and out of maintenance mode
- Launch a one page coming soon site and collect emails to notify those interested when your site or product is ready
- Choose a background color or add a background image to make the maintenance mode page uniquely yours
- Customize the headline on your maintenance mode page
- Customize the description on your maintenance mode page
- Choose a font for your maintenance mode message
- Uses Google Fonts to give you a large selection to choose from
- Collect emails with Aweber, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Get Response, Office Autopilot, and other email list management software
- Multiple templates to choose from to give you more layout options
- More color options for the fonts so you can customize the text even more
- Toggle countdown timer on and off on your maintenance mode page
- And more…
Don’t let work on your site without using this maintenance mode plugin. It will let your users know you are temporarily down for maintenance.
If you haven’t launched your site yet, then you don’t need to notify your users that you are working unless you want to use a coming soon page to collect emails. But once your site is live, you need to let your users know that you are in maintenance mode. The simple maintenance mode plugin give you the ability to let your users know you are in maintenance mode with a custom message provided by you.
The simple maintenance mode plugin sends all of you traffic to the maintenance mode page so your users won’t see 404 messages or experience other problems while you are working on your site.
Don’t use a canned message on your maintenance mode page. The simple maintenance mode plugin allows you a message that is appropriate for your down time.
Why you should get the Pro version
The basic version of the simple maintenance mode plugin is good and will give you a basic maintenance mode page. But if you want something a little more professional, you should get the Simple Maintenance Mode Pro plugin. Here are a few reasons why:
Placing a countdown timer on you maintenance mode is as easy as checking a box and setting the start timer. The simple maintenance mode pro plugin does the rest.
You can choose a custom background color or background image so your maintenance mode page matches your site.
The simple maintenance mode pro plugin is optimized for search engines.
Choose a custom font for your maintenance mode message
The Simple Maintenance Mode Pro plugin gives you a large selection of Google Web Fonts to choose from for displaying your maintenance mode message.
Customize your headline
Make your headline look the way you want. Customize your headline with the Simple Maintenance Mode Pro plugin.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Click Maintenance Mode on the admin menu to enable and set your options.
- Do I have to know how to program or design?
No. The plugin uses a simple to edit form to collect your information and create the page.
- Will the maintenance mode page work with my existing theme?
Yes, this is a plugin and will work with your existing theme.
- Will I be able to login when the site is in maintenance mode?
Yes. When the plugin is set to maintenance mode, you will be able to login and work on your site while your visitors will see the maintenance message page.
- Does the upgrade have different maintenance mode templates I can choose from?
Yes, there are 6 professionally design maintenance mode templates for you to choose from in the upgrade.
- Can I choose the maintenance mode message color?
Yes, you can choose the maintenance mode message color.
- Does the Simple maintenance mode plugin have a countdown timer?
The Simple maintenance mode upgrade has a countdown timer that you can turn on/off and set to what ever time you want. The countdown timer is responsive.
- Can I easily disable the Simple Maintenance mode plugin?
Yes, there is a checkbox to easily enable and disable the Simple Maintenance Mode plugin.
- Will visitor’s be able to get to any of my pages when maintenance mode is enabled?
No, visitor’s will not be able to get to your content pages when maintenance mode is enabled.
- Can I use the maintenance mode page as a coming soon page?
Yes, you can use the maintenance mode page as a coming soon page.
- Do I have to do any special setup to use Google Fonts in the Simple Maintenance Mode Pro version?
No, just select the font you want to use from the drop down.
The message doe NOT display. Does not matter if I include a logo to display or not.
It does display the logo.
After installing this plugin and activating it, my site was unreachable and came with a DNS error. After I deleted it from the installed plugins with PHPMYADMIN in the options file, the site came back online. Got me really scared for a moment.
instead of text, just a white screen
Really good an intuitive plugin , fairly simple to use…tnaks
Contributors & Developers
“Maintenance Mode” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- First Release of Maintenance Mode plugin
- Fixed top spacing issue in IE for maintenance mode plugin
- Changed stable to trunk
- Added tags