Activate this plugin to send an email when any admin-level user logs in to your site. This is useful for keeping an eye on any unauthorized administrator logins. Each email alert includes the user name, IP address, user agent, and other details. Just in case you need to do some forensic investigation.
- Provides detailed information about each admin login.
- Lightweight – built with only a few lines of code.
- Simple to use – activate and done, just works.
- No permanent changes are made to anything.
- No settings or anything to worry about.
- Easy peasy mac and cheesy.
Why is this useful?
I use this plugin to keep an eye on any unauthorized login attempts. Probably a bit paranoid but I don’t care, paranoid works well for me.
How is this plugin different?
While researching for this plugin, I found four other “admin login notification” type plugins:
- Email Notification on Login
- Email notification on admin login
- Kaya Login Notification
- KolorWeb Access Admin Notification
Unfortunately none of these plugins suited my specific needs:
- Lightweight, clean and simple
- Current with latest WordPress
- No requirement for PHP sessions
So I decided to build my own. Let me emphasize the utter simplicity of this plugin. It does one thing and does it well: sends an email whenever an admin-level user logs in to WordPress. No bells and whistles, no bloat. If you need more functionality, check out the above plugins should get you there.
This plugin does not collect or store any user data. It does not set any cookies, and it does not connect to any third-party locations. The only thing this plugin does is send an email for each admin-level login. Each email includes information about the user, such as username, IP address, user agent, and other details.
Installing the plugin
Activate like any other plugin and done. There are no settings, works automatically.
More info on installing WP plugins.
To uninstall/remove the plugin, visit the Plugins screen, deactivate and delete the plugin. This plugin makes no changes to the WP database.
Got a question?
Send any questions or feedback via my contact form
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Login Notification” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Updates the “tested on” version number
- Improves sanitization of server variables
- Initial release