- Install/activate the widget on WordPress.
- Register your Instagram application at the Instagram Developer site
- Insert your Client ID at Settings->Simple Instagram Widget
- Add widget to desired widget area.
- Choose whether you’d like to display by username or by hashtag.
- Insert the Instagram Username of the user who’s photos you’d like to display. – or –
- Insert the hashtag of the search for photos you’d like to make.
- Insert the number of how many photos you’d like to show.
The plugin comes with very little styling. You can override and style as needed in your theme stylesheet.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Instagram Widget” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
This plugin no longer supplies an Instagram Client ID. You must supply your own and insert at Settings -> Simple Instagram Widget.
Client ID can be found by registering an application on the Instagram Developer site
If you do not create and insert an Instagram Client ID, the plugin will no longer work.
Bug Fix: Use PHP5 style constructors for WP_Widget to fix notices for WordPress 4.3
Bug Fix: make sure we’re accurately looking up and converted a username to userid
Bug Fix: fix undefined index notice in shortcode
Testing for WordPress v4.0
Bug Fix: properly delegate change events in widget admin
Enqueue admin js script from correct location
Add missing styles for shortcode
Fix mistake where update to v1.2 didn’t include correct files
Add support for shortcode [simple_instagram hashtag=”” username=”” count=”” ]
Keep original wrapper class for back compat
Fix bug that caused issues when multiple widgets were added to a page.
Allow use of username instead of userID – please switch to using the username instead
Add support for hashtag, remove dependancy on Instagram ClientID
- Fixed bug where ClientID wasn’t saving sometimes
- Remove undefined index notices on clean install
- Initial Release