This plugin is designed to collect names and email addresses primarily for
users and organizations that use a third party to send email on their
behalf. Sign up validation is done using a captcha by securimage.
A down-loadable csv file can be retrieved from the plugin admin page which
can then be sent to the third party email service.
- Go to Manage Plugins, Install, Upload, Browse for the gs-email.zip file, Install.
- — Or, If you have access to the server files.Upload gs-email.zip to your /wp-content/plugins/ directory. Unzip gs-email.zip.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
"__gs_mail_prog__"on a page you create. Don’t include quotes.
- Under Settings “G&S Header Management”, place the text you wish to appear
on top of the form.
- To retrieve the list of email sign ups, go to Settings, “G&S Email Management”.
- Any questions, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need alterations, additions and other code snippets to improve your website.
Please send us an email.
- What do I have to do to get this thing to work?
You must follow steps 1 through 3 in the installation section and then:
In the Admin section create a new blank page.
On the newly created page write
(Copy and paste it from here if you like. Don’t include the quotes.)
Don’t put anything else on this page.
- Suppose I want my important message/explanation/text on the email form page?
No problem. Once you have activated the plugin there will be a
new item in your admin section down in ‘Settings’. Click on
G&S Header Mangement. Type your text there and it will appear on top
of the form.
- How do I see who signed up and get my CSV file?
Click Settings in the Admin section. Click “G&S Email Management”.
You will see a list of the last 50 signups. You will also see a link
“Export list as a CSV file” that you can click to download the list
of all signups.
- Can I send the emails myself?
Not at present. If there is sufficient interest we will add this
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Form with Captcha” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.
Interested in development?