The plugin that will let admin user to add download links to any posts/pages in simplest way and hassle free.
Allows all your site visitors to download any files from your website without any user restriction.
- Downloader button is available in your admin content editor for post, page or post type. Shortcode will be generated automatically.
- Insert download links manually via shortcode [media-downloader] to any posts, pages or custom post types. Check for more parameters below (Embedding).
- Allow users to directly download in all file formats for free.
- No file size limit for downloads.
For more information please check the Simple File Downloader documentation page
Embedding / generated Shortcodes
Create a new post/page and click the ‘Add Download’ button from the content editor, then generate the shortcode below:
[media-downloader media_id="9" texts="Download Now!"]
Media id is automatically added from your media library.
Here are the all the available parameters when generating shortcode for file download:
If you choose to leave the texts parameter empty, then it be defaulted to ‘Download File’.
You can also use image/button as your download link. If you supplied this parameter, then texts parameter will be replaced by this image.
[media-downloader media_id="9" image_url="http://domain.com/wp-content/themes/images/button.png"]
You can add class to your download link either a texts or image button. This is useful if you want to apply your own style.
[media-downloader media_id="9" texts="Download PDF" class="download-pdf"]
You also have an option to display the size of the file. Just set it to ‘yes’
[media-downloader media_id="9" texts="Download PDF" display_filesize="yes"]
You can install this plugin directly from your WordPress dashboard:
- Go to the Plugins menu and click Add New.
- Search for Simple File Downloader.
- Click Install Now next to the Simple File Downloader plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Can this plugin be used to offer free downloads to my users?
- Can this plugin be used to embed free download buttons on my site?
- Can this plugin be able to track the downloads?
one of the best plugins. Finally, great work guys. I will add this in my tutorial for wordpress with darrel wilson. Thank you so much!
Installed and works in seconds, not hours.
Really Helped me.. Cheers
Easy to use, works out of the box. Highly recommend it!
I just downloaded and installed this plugin to use on my website for potential clients to download a digital portfolio of my formatting skills (I’m an author/publisher just starting to take on outside clients). So far the plugin is very easy to use! But, I wanted to try uploading my e-book files, because I’ve setup PayPal to allow me to do so. And WP doesn’t allow uploads of certain file types for security purposes. So, I sent an email message to the contact us, and within 5 minutes, I had a response! And, the tip I was given actually worked, so I’m a happy camper! This is one satisfied customer!
Simple tool that works!
Contributors & Developers
“Simple File Downloader” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- Fixed PHP notices
- Code enhancements
- [New] Added file type beside the title. Thanks to @kjoussen for pointing this out if we have the same file title.
- IMPORTANT Update: Fixed the blank screen bug.
- Bug fixed where context parameter was missing when adding media button which results to overwriting the other media buttons. Credits to 3bcto for finding the bug.
- Added method to read the downloaded file chunk by chunk for large download files.
- Added free license details.
- Fixed the bug where the selection of file location does not work for Add New post, page and post-type (add-edit)
- Make sure that everything works for all post types.
- Added js validation when no file is selected.
- Initial release