The plugin that will let admin user to add download links to any posts/pages in simplest way and hassle free.
Allows all your site visitors to download any files from your website without any user restriction.
- Downloader button is available in your admin content editor for post, page or post type. Shortcode will be generated automatically.
- Insert download links manually via shortcode [media-downloader] to any posts, pages or custom post types. Check for more parameters below (Embedding).
- Allow users to directly download in all file formats for free.
- No file size limit for downloads.
For more information please check the Simple File Downloader documentation page
Embedding / generated Shortcodes
Create a new post/page and click the ‘Add Download’ button from the content editor, then generate the shortcode below:
[media-downloader media_id="9" texts="Download Now!"]
Media id is automatically added from your media library.
Here are the all the available parameters when generating shortcode for file download:
If you choose to leave the texts parameter empty, then it be defaulted to ‘Download File’.
You can also use image/button as your download link. If you supplied this parameter, then texts parameter will be replaced by this image.
[media-downloader media_id="9" image_url="http://domain.com/wp-content/themes/images/button.png"]
You can add class to your download link either a texts or image button. This is useful if you want to apply your own style.
[media-downloader media_id="9" texts="Download PDF" class="download-pdf"]
You also have an option to display the size of the file. Just set it to ‘yes’
[media-downloader media_id="9" texts="Download PDF" display_filesize="yes"]
- Can this plugin be used to offer free downloads to my users?
- Can this plugin be used to embed free download buttons on my site?
- Can this plugin be able to track the downloads?
one of the best plugins. Finally, great work guys. I will add this in my tutorial for wordpress with darrel wilson. Thank you so much!
Installed and works in seconds, not hours.
- Fixed PHP notices
- Code enhancements
- [New] Added file type beside the title. Thanks to @kjoussen for pointing this out if we have the same file title.
- IMPORTANT Update: Fixed the blank screen bug.
- Bug fixed where context parameter was missing when adding media button which results to overwriting the other media buttons. Credits to 3bcto for finding the bug.
- Added method to read the downloaded file chunk by chunk for large download files.
- Added free license details.
- Fixed the bug where the selection of file location does not work for Add New post, page and post-type (add-edit)
- Make sure that everything works for all post types.
- Added js validation when no file is selected.
- Initial release