Simple Featured Posts is a pratical widget that allows you to show a post list with thumbnails ordered by random or recent posts. You can also choose post’s categories and how many posts you want to show.
This widget show the first image found in the post as thumbnail or thumbnail image of posts if supported by template.
- You can show a thumbnail image.
- Choice the number of posts to show.
- Posts list ordered by random or date.
- Choose or exclude categories from posts list.
- TimThumb support for a perfect resize.
The appearance is essential to allow people who use it to customize their own template’s CSS easily, without clashing too much with the preset styles of widget.
- How can i exclude a category from posts list?
You can exclude categories using “-” before its ID.
- Is it possible to change the default thumbnail image?
You can replace default image in ‘/wp-content/plugins/simple-featured-posts-widget/images/’ folder.
- How can i use TimThumb to resize my thumbnails?
Download latest version of TimThumb, placed in a folder on your website. In the same directory as the timthumb.php file you need to add 1 directory. The directory should be called ‘cache’ and needs to have its file permissions set to 775.
- Added NL translation (thanks to Patrick).
- Fixed a bug with post data displayed after this plugin (thanks to Brendon).
- Plug-in optimized for translations.
- Added italian translation.
- Added support of TimThumb.
- Fixed a bug with thumbnail size setting and IE browser.
- Thumbnails as links.
- Now supports post-thumbnails function
- Thumbnail height setting
- Fixed a bug with thumbnail size.
- Thumbnail size setting.
- Show/hide posts date.
- Fixed a bug with default image.