Excluding custom query which uses order or orderby parameters, in get_posts or query_posts and so on.
This plugins is now supported and maintained by Colorlib.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- A question that someone might have
An answer to that question.
It is really simple and works with custom post types
This is the best ordering plugin we have used so far.
First, it is really nice to have taxonomy and posts in the same plugin.
But this plugin is light years better than almost every other plugin I tried. You can choose which taxonomies and post types should be able to be ordered. That is a big benefit. You don’t lose the ability to still have some by alphanumeric, etc. Also it simply adds drag and drop to the admin.
The thing I would change is to add a drag-and-drop icon to the admin when it is possible. It changes the cursor, but it would be good to have another visual indicator.
Great plugin so far!
There are way too much sort posts/terms plugins out there and this seems to be the only one which allows selecting WHICH taxonomies / post types can be sorted and allows simple sorting in the default tax / post list.
It worked fine in the latest version
Install this plugin on clear WP, and it does not work. Install another such plugin for sorting, and that another works.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Custom Post Order” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
Version 1.0 (20-07-2013)
- Initial release.
Version 1.5 (25-07-2013)
- Fix : fix errors
- Added Taxonomy Sort
- Added Taxonomy Sort option In setting Page
Version 2.0 (22-11-2013)
- Fixed Undefined Notice Error in wp version 3.7.1
- Taxonomy Activate Checkbox removed.
Version 2.1 (31-12-2013)
- Prevent Breaking autocomplete
Version 2.2 (02-07-2014)
- Fixed bug: Custom Query which uses ‘order’ or ‘orderby’ parameters is preferred
- It does not depend on the designation manner of arguments( Parameters ). ( $args = ‘orderby=&order=’ or $args = array( ‘orderby’ => ”, ‘order’ => ” ) )
- Previous Versions Issues were Improved.
- Removed Taxonomy Sort( Will add in next Version 🙂 )
Version 2.3 (24-03-2014)
- Fixed major bug on taxonomy and post order
Version 2.3.2 (17-03-2017)
- Minor documentation and readme tweaks