This plugin adds simple counters badge (Facebook and Twitter) to your blog. This badge shows for blog readers a counter of your Facebook friends or site page fans and Twitter followers. It also provides “Be my friend” and “Follow me” links for your users.
This is full customisable plugin. You can customise font and background (gradient) colors, background gradient vector direction, images, hint colors and themes, badge position on browser screen, etc.
- Serbo-Croatian by Anja Skrba
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send .po and .mo files to me so that I can bundle it into Simple Counters.
This plugin is using jQuery qTip 2.0 plugin by Craig Thompson
This plugin is using jQuery Simple Counters plugin by me
- Upload plugin dir to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Set your FeedBurner and Twitter IDs.
- I have just installed this plug-in. The quantity of subscribers is displayed, and data Twitter does not show. Shows a null string. In what a problem?
Some hosting-providers, especially providers rendering services of a free hosting, lock requests to popular services. In this case it is necessary for you to redirect data request to client side. Include an option “Redirect data request to client side”.
In other case if the error arises because of hard traffic to service, increase value of “request timeout”.
In any case, for upgrade of value of counters, simply save parametres of a plug-in. Values of counters will be refreshed immediately.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Counters” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Language pack is updated. Serbo-Croatian language is added.
- Major bug (Facebook) resolved
- FeedBurner Awareness API is dead! “FeedBurner subscribers” counter is changed to “Facebook friends” counter
- New Twitter API URL is added
- Help System is added
- Some changes (WordPress 3.3+ standards) are made
- The full compatibility with IE7 and IE8 is provided
- Filters for custom localizations are added
- Possibility of disabling badge’s localization is added
- Optimization of code are made
- Some bugs are fixed
- WP 3.3 compatibility are tested
- Bug of detecting IE browser are fixed
- FeedBurner output page data format selection is added
- Some codes are optimised
- Bug is eliminated
- Possibility of tooltips text editing is added
- Possibility of Twitter avatar usage as the image of the hint for Twitter counter is added
- Template-words styles (tooltip text editing) is added
- Some optimisation of codes of a plugin is made
- Alternative data requests on client side were added
- Selection of ‘On Error’ action was added
- Initial upload