Simple Author Box adds a responsive author box at the end of your posts, showing the author name, author gravatar and author description. It also adds over 30 social profile fields on WordPress user profile screen, allowing to display the author social icons.
- Shows author gravatar, name, website, description and social icons
- Fully customizable to match your theme design (style, color, size and text options)
- Nice looking on desktop, laptop, tablet or mobile phones
- Automatically insert the author box at the end of your post
- Option to manually insert the author box on your template file (single.php or author.php)
- Simple Author Box has RTL support
Check out our Premium Themes that use Simple Author Box plugin.
- Download the plugin (.zip file) on your hard drive.
- Unzip the zip file contents.
- Upload the
simple-author-boxfolder to the
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- A new sub menu item
Simple Author Boxwill appear in your main Settings menu.
If you need more info, please read the plugin documentation.
If the bio is more than three lines long, the text wraps around the bottom of the photo, which doesn’t look good.
Otherwise, it seems like a good plugin, very customizable, easy-to-use, etc.
From all I’ve seen, this author box seemed the simplest level pretty graphic design (aspect that I care a lot on my website and others).
In addition it is perfectly adapted to mobile.
I think the author box where more downside is on blog articles, so therefore I see no need to take widget or page.
What I would ask the author to confirm officially working on new versions of WordPress (WP). I already confirmed in paragraph compatibility, working in WP 4.6.1
Thank you for making this plugin.
Best!! I love it. It would be nice to have the possibility to add it as a widget in the sidebar, and also post it on pages, not only to posts.
It’s awesome, I really liked it. Customization is also really dynamic I didn’t have the need to add any custom css. It also gives us a huge list of social networks. But I hated the fact that it missed out quora. I really wanted it to link out to my Quora profile. Maybe in the next update?
this is my favorite author plugin. no hocus pocus, clean interface and display. thank you!
Easy to use it! Perfect integration 😉
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Author Box” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
- Added XING network social profile field & icon.
- Fixed the code snippet provided for manually insert the author box. Thanks to @mazter3000 for the bug report.
- Fixed a line-height issue on author name link.
- Fixed a line-height issue on author description text and other small css fixes.
- Added author website option, fully configurable.
- Added the ability to manually insert the author box on author.php or archive.php.
- Added two more conditionals to load plugin CSS when need it.
- Fixed some visual appearance of admin options in Google Chrome.
- Updated translation with the new strings.
- Removed AIM, Yahoo, and Jabber Fields from the WordPress Profile Page.
- Initial release