A very simple (to use and configure), yet powerful, plug-in to generate a list (by category) of all posts.
It’s simple because there is no fancy formatting, complex configuration or other ‘noise’, just a sensible archive list of all your posts! All that’s required is to include this
<!-- simple_archive --> on a page (or post). How simple is that?
- Posts can be listed under every category, or just the first category they are filed under.
- Categories can be hierarchically listed.
- Categories can be sorted alphabetically or by creation order, while posts are listed chronologically.
- A comment count for each post can be displayed.
- Also, some simple statistics may also be shown.
The Simple Archive generator provides support for language translation. Ensure WPLANG is set in your wp-config file. Then use the simple-archive.pot template to create a .po translation for your language, this then needs compiling to create a .mo file. For example, a German translation (simple-archive-de.po) is provided thanks to Ingo Terpelle at http://www.xing.com/profile/Ingo_Terpelle
- Just put the plug-in into your plug-in directory and activate it.
- Then include
<!-- simple_archive -->on a page (or post) to have your simple archive displayed.
- There are a few options, which are self explanatory, just visit Options -> Simple Archive in WordPress’ administration pages if you want to change the defaults.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Archive Generator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors