This plugin provides the possibility to simply add short side notes to your WordPress blog, showing the date of publication, a title and a description. In addition the plugin provides a link to the site the side notes refers to. Simply activate it and add new side notes within the “Tools” admin panel. To show off your side notes just put
<?php get_sidenotes(); ?> in your template. For easy syndication this plugin provides an additional RSS feed. The default URL of the feed is http://example.com/feed/sidenotes.
- I want to show my sidenotes in a list as it is defined by default
You have to enclose the function call
<?php get_sidenotes(); ?>with <ul> tags
- Is there a demo of the plugin?
Yes of course! Just visit my homepage
- Initial version
- Bug Fix: Cyrillic language support
- Bug Fix: Display date / time in local language
- New feature: Output all (or specific number of) Sidenotes via
- Bug Fix: Update database structure from timestamp to datetime to correctly display date / time
- Bug Fix: Output of side notes entries in correct order
- Bug Fix: Output of side notes in sidenotes-rss.php – please update file in your root-directory!
- New Feature: Sidenotes RSS feed reworked to better support RSS readers (e.g. avoid HTTP 404 errors). Do NOT copy sidenotes-rss.php out of plugin-directory. This is not neccessary anymore.